Premed 101 Forums

U of T rejected me because of my religion?

Proof that there is no god:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PPWDglTboI

There is no proof that there is no God because such is philosophically impossible. You cannot apply physics to metaphysics, sir. However, you can say that it is impossible that there is not, no God, which is showing how physics are dependant on something beyond physics. Which is not to say anything positive about such a thing.

If you would like to discuss such a philosophy let me know. I can provide why it is impossible for God to not Exist. But either way, your this U-Tube, is a bunch of sophistry.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I do think it is funny that there is a lot of talk going on here about religion. This is a medical website, obviously, not a theological one.

Paul, does not need to defend why is faith is credible (dear athiest), his point was that he cannot be turned down inlight of his belief.

A comment on evolution was made as well. Which as most of you should know if you've read a book- Catholics are not against evolution theory because it is compatible with the existence of God.

Secondly, the point against Paul has been made often enough over and over again. That is not to impose his faith on others, which is a Catholic belief as well (though sometimes praticed).

I think it is time to put this issue to rest. I do not mind if people wish to discuss the nature of God - but you should all agree on what you are discussing. Paul has the right to believe in his faith, because it is compatible with reason. I do not think ppl should be attacking his beliefs either.

I will conclude by saying that Paul has pointed out that our culture tends to be quite "free-in-religion" which often means we lack the freedom to do anything religious. Perhaps that is "just the way it is", but should it be as such. That is the quesiton I will pose, perhaps to give this diaologue more direction.

I think it's a miracle that all these troll posts, in multiple catagories, which have gone nowhere, have not yet been locked. This discussion is now going in circles, reading these posts has, I feel, made me stupider. Mods where are you?
It's easier to let one or two threads continue like this then to deal with tons of new threads being started, lots of private messages complaining about censorship, etc, etc. Which is part of the reason I prefer to err on the side of letting a contentious discussion continue rather than locking it up right away. In any case, I think this has run its course, and I'm going to lock both threads now.

Archived