Premed 101 Forums

emails are out

Waitlisted... man I wish they would just tell you where you are on the list. It seems just cruel not to. :(

Boo. I was waitlisted too. Yeah, it would be nice to know something like (1) first 150 people on waitlist, vs. (2) waitlisted after 150 people...although I guess I can understand that they don't really know how much they'll go through their waitlist.

Did everyone get the same wording?

"This email is to inform you that you have been placed on our waiting list for admission to our Medical School. Although you are not among those to be offered admission at this time, offers will be made from our waiting list as places become available. Unfortunately, I am not able to tell you your position on our list. If you accept an offer of admission at another school of medicine and no longer wish to be considered at Queen's, I would be grateful if you would let me know. Thank you."

So did ANYONE got in then? WTF?

I've heard of some US school that only fills like half the class with offers and puts everyone else on the waitlist, is Queens doing the same thing?

A couple of people have posted that they got in - Curious P, and rapoune and one other person.

I just hope that the rest of us (including me) get lucky too :)

I recently read an article that said that US schools are ranked partly on the basis of how many first offers are accepted. So, because of that, universities have started waitlisting more and more people to try and get assurance that if they offer a position, it will be accepted. I think the article was in the Wall Street Journal...

Cheers!

yeah... i think the best explanation here is that anyone who got in is probably too happy to come post about it on the premed forums... everyone who'se been waitlisted has got a few more months *sigh* of premed forum obsessing... so we figured we'd get a head start on it now... good luck to everyone! (and to those who are turning down offers... make it quick to ease the pain of others ;) thanks! and congrats!)

Archived