Premed 101 Forums

emails are out

The logic behind that escapes me.... any ideas? :confused:

If they have rolling interviews/admissions, then it might make sense. You want to leave some admissions spots for good applicants that interview later.

Of course, that's not relevant for Queen's (or anywhere in Canada for that matter).

This sucks... I had totally planned on being accepted somewhere in Canada. I'm going to have to accept one of my offers for London, England. *sigh*

It was nice knowing you, Canada. Too bad it didn't work out. We'll probably meet again at some point in the future when I've accrued enormous debt.

I'm off to Queen's!

I was pleasantly surprised by the email this morning at 8:45 am. Had been waking up to check my email every 20 minutes since 6:30am with rejection nightmares.

So they're out there ... best of luck to everyone on a waitlist! I've also heard Queens' waitlist moves quickly.

This sucks... I had totally planned on being accepted somewhere in Canada. I'm going to have to accept one of my offers for London, England. *sigh*

It was nice knowing you, Canada. Too bad it didn't work out. We'll probably meet again at some point in the future when I've accrued enormous debt.

What is the deadline for you to accept your UK offers NeuroMed? Can you wait until the next round of Queen's offers goes out in early June? If that doesn't work, I would think it would still be in your best interest to sacrifice your UK deposit if you got in here later in the summer. It would likely still be a much cheaper education to stay in Canada (not to mention easier to practice here afterwards)...good luck with everything!

What is the deadline for you to accept your UK offers NeuroMed? Can you wait until the next round of Queen's offers goes out in early June? If that doesn't work, I would think it would still be in your best interest to sacrifice your UK deposit if you got in here later in the summer. It would likely still be a much cheaper education to stay in Canada (not to mention easier to practice here afterwards)...good luck with everything!

Hey there,

Deadline is June 4th, so I'll have to accept before then. You are right, though. It will definitely be cheaper to forfeit a deposit and stay in Canada; London is the most expensive city I've ever visited.

And at least I have an option, I guess. The spots for the 4 year program in the UK were very competitive, too, so I shouldn't be too bummed.

The thing I find the hardest is planning for my future (which I guess many of us are facing at the moment). I mean, if I'm going to go abroad, I'm going to go abroad. I'd rather know that now and be able to mentally prepare myself for it. As things stand right now, I'm starting to fill out forms to live in one of the residence halls in London, all the while having this nagging thought at the back of my mind that I might be offered some spot here in Canada.

Did anyone else get the condition of "maintaining an acceptable gpa"?

If so... did you think that was kind of vague?

Was that condition stated in your email, or in the offer package? Does this mean that some people have gotten their packages already? I'm kind of wondering when they mailed the offers out because I live in Manitoba and it will take a while for the documentation to get here from Kingston.

OMG OMG OMG OMG I GOT IN!!! I GOT IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just came back from a trip to San Francisco, logged into my email account, and there it was - the most wonderful email ever sent to me.

I GOT IN!!!!!!!!!!! WOOHOO!!!

Archived