Premed 101 Forums

Good waitlist thread *Patience is a virtue*

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It wouldn't make sense for 2nd round of offers to come out after the provisional acceptances become firm, otherwise what is the point of having provisional acceptance? Here's hoping the earlier date is true, this waiting is absolutely killing me!

Well, the date to say "Yes," "Probably," or "No" is May 29 (tomorrow). So, for sure after that date they'll have gotten some people who declined offers, and they should be able to start calling people off the waitlist shortly after.

I agree with your point. I am thinking that they should call some people from the wait list later on this week. June 15th could be the second round of calling people off the wait list.

so guys-

the minute someone is accepted from the waitlist- please post your wgpa- here's why- if for example it's a 3.87 and other people have 3.9s without acceptances- this will tell a 3.9er that they likely either got a 3.6 or 3.5 interview- the lower the gpa of whoever is accepted from your gpa- the more likely you will be accepted sooner/more likely from the next interview score category down

I'm really surprised there has been no activity in this thread today. Waitlists seem to be moving at all schools except Ottawa as per what I have seen on these forums. Has anyone heard of anyone getting of the waitlist at U of O

yes, people get in off the waitlist.

Some good news: I called the admissions office just now and they said that they may start calling us soon (today or tomorrow). I also asked if there is another round of calling people off the wait list and they said that there might be depending on how things go with the first round. So I am guessing that there is a lot of people who decline Ottawa's offer?? but its only a speculation.

:) I just got a phone call from U of O!!!!! I'm accepted off the waitlist!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't believe this...this is unreal!!!!!!!!! :)

Congrats. Can you post your stats? and did you ask what was your position on the wait list?

Archived