Premed 101 Forums

Good waitlist thread *Patience is a virtue*

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Got in today... man, waiting sucks balls; but it all fades away.

Good luck to all on the waitlist; I have a feeling they're going DEEP this year.

GPA 3.94

wGPA 3.95

Congrats to everyone who got in. Do you guys know what position you were on the waitlist? I know it sounds ridiculous but people have been telling me that it is normal for people from the BAD waitlist to get in!! I would like to believe this is true. Can someone from UO confirm this please? I don't want to get my hopes up for nothing:(

Congrats to everyone who got in. Do you guys know what position you were on the waitlist? I know it sounds ridiculous but people have been telling me that it is normal for people from the BAD waitlist to get in!! I would like to believe this is true. Can someone from UO confirm this please? I don't want to get my hopes up for nothing:(

It is POSSIBLE, it's just very unlikely.

:(

To those who were accepted off the waitlist, what a wonderful feeling it must be for the waiting to finally be over! You deserved it!

For those still on the "good" waitlist, like myself, the unrelenting agony continues. But we must continue to maintain hope, even though it can be difficult at times.

I've noticed that the waitlist appears to have moved quite a bit in the last two days, so I'm wondering if only a few positions remain to be filled? Since Tues. May 29th was the deadline to respond, that would have given U of Ottawa at least all of Wednesday to process the responses and make the appropriate arrangements to contact people at the top of the waitlist. Is the class nearly full or are there still many more offers to be sent?

Any insight would be appreciated!

Hey,

Got my acceptance off the waitlist yesterday at 2:00ish atlantic time. They called, but I wasn't home and got the msg later. I called back and they told me they had reached my position on the waitlist. I never even THOUGHT to ask what position I was cause I was so excited. They emailed me the info booklet a few minutes later. I was so excited since I've received quite a few rejections over the past two years.

My stats are pretty basic...BSc in biology from UNB with honors by course, wGPA of 3.92, some hospital volunteering and community involvement, along with multiple sports and extracurriculars. This is my first year applying to Ontario schools but second year applying to med schools (My other rejections were from Dal and MUN).

Good luck to all those still on the list. I just kept telling myself what doesn't kill you will make you a better doctor in the end!!

See you guys in August, those of you who are accepted!

Hey,

Got my acceptance off the waitlist yesterday at 2:00ish atlantic time. They called, but I wasn't home and got the msg later. I called back and they told me they had reached my position on the waitlist. I never even THOUGHT to ask what position I was cause I was so excited. They emailed me the info booklet a few minutes later. I was so excited since I've received quite a few rejections over the past two years.

My stats are pretty basic...BSc in biology from UNB with honors by course, wGPA of 3.92, some hospital volunteering and community involvement, along with multiple sports and extracurriculars. This is my first year applying to Ontario schools but second year applying to med schools (My other rejections were from Dal and MUN).

Good luck to all those still on the list. I just kept telling myself what doesn't kill you will make you a better doctor in the end!!

See you guys in August, those of you who are accepted!

Congrats on your acceptance. It's odd you got rejected from both Atlantic schools and you get accepted in Ontario, this is indeed a rare thing IMHO.

Hey guys, I just got off the waitlist today at around 1pm (then my cell phone dropped it, and I was frantically trying to redial, it wasn't a pretty sight).

It was a phone call, firm acceptances only, and I have until Thursday to send my reply.

My wGPA was 3.86, lots of research and volunteer work.

Good luck everyone!!!

I can't believe I am writing this but I got a phone call today around 11:30 am saying I was accepted into the medical program at Ottawa U. My wgpa is 3.91 and I have dreamed of this day all of my life.

Somebody pinch me.

I can't wait to meet all of you in August.

I have been out of town for the past two weeks so when I finally got back, I received 2 phone calls as well as an email from the admissions office since Friday June 1st. I'm pretty sure they moved down the waitlist since I have not contacted them yet - so this should be good news for those who are still waiting!

Stats: GPA 3.91, BS from an American University, lots of volunteer/healthcare/travel experience. I've been working full time as a research assistant in neuroscience for the past year. I'll be declining this offer to go to McGill. Good luck to all. ;)

I got called off the waitlist yesterday.....YAHHHHHHH :eek: I'm so exciteddddddddd, I can't wait to meet you guys!!!!!

My stats are CRAZY extracurricular (but that stuff doesn't matter after the interview). My wGPA was 3.83

I don't have facebook yet, but as soon as I make one, I will join the group:D

Good luck to everyone still waiting.

• 2 weeks later...

We have now completed our admission process and have selected the entrance class for the academic year 2007-2008.

We regret to inform you that you have not been selected for this year's admission to our Faculty.

Just got it in my mailbox.. .

:(

I got called off the waitlist yesterday.....YAHHHHHHH :eek: I'm so exciteddddddddd, I can't wait to meet you guys!!!!!

My stats are CRAZY extracurricular (but that stuff doesn't matter after the interview). My wGPA was 3.83

I don't have facebook yet, but as soon as I make one, I will join the group:D

Good luck to everyone still waiting.

I forgot to tell you, you aren't officially accepted until you join the official meds11 facebook group, sorry :D If you don't join soon, I'm afraid your spot will be given to the next person, so hurry up.....

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived