Premed 101 Forums

Good waitlist thread *Patience is a virtue*

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was accepted today off of the waitlist too!!!! My WGPA is 3.7. I have an MSc in med sci and am just finishing my PhD in med sci (it's handed in and I will be defending it the last week of june). I have three publications and two more submitted, as well as 6 conference oral presentations. so excited!!!!

ppl accepted off the waitlist- any of you guys graduate pool or regular applicants?

Does it matter? I thought that after we receive the interview then we are all equal. But this is a good point, maybe they called the grad pool first??

lol I dunno- I heard a rumor that 33% of the class is graduate/ like an 'unspoken' quota- so I dunno if that has any bearing? I'm just curious... So clearly with the 3.99 getting in- we know we've either hit the 3.6s or we're in the 3.5s...

I actually think that maybe they called the people who were 3.75 but with low WGPA's (at the top of the waiting list) and then the 3.6's with high GPA's.

This is a little bit of a late posting, but I am thrilled to say I was accepted off the waitlist today... I got a message on my machine at 4:45 pm Ontario time from my dad to call Ottawa. I had to pull my car over to the side of the road when I got the news on my cell phone!! My GPA was 3.87 (OMSAS) and I just graduated with a B.ScH in Biology. I have one upcoming publication and a variety of ec's. Good luck to everyone still waiting - i think there will be more good news to come

I was called off the waitlist around 2:14 today. An email followed at 3:00 because I hadn't responded. Called in to confirm my interest at around 3:30. I have yet to receive an email with information on the offer, but expect that it will come soon. I can't believe it, I'm on cloud nine!

Stats - Completed PhD 2 years ago (in my thirties)

wGPA was 3.7

3 publications, 5 abstracts and presentations, 4 platform presentations

guest lectures

part-time faculty at college level

fulltime job in commercialization of academic based technology

MCAT from the late 90's

lots of ECs at a management/coordinator level

good-luck to everyone still waiting...I guess I will have to rethink my login name

I was called off the waitlist around 2:14 today. An email followed at 3:00 because I hadn't responded. Called in to confirm my interest at around 3:30. I have yet to receive an email with information on the offer, but expect that it will come soon. I can't believe it, I'm on cloud nine!

Stats - Completed PhD 2 years ago (in my thirties)

wGPA was 3.7

3 publications, 5 abstracts and presentations, 4 platform presentations

guest lectures

part-time faculty at college level

fulltime job in commercialization of academic based technology

MCAT from the late 90's

lots of ECs at a management/coordinator level

good-luck to everyone still waiting...I guess I will have to rethink my login name

Congrats! Where you also in the grad pool?

Hey everyone,

Well, after two very stressful weeks of waiting, I GOT IN AT OTTAWA!!!!!!!!!!! (sorry, still very excited :) )

I'll post my stats; hopefully it will help give an idea where the waitlist is!

Just completed B.Sc. (Honours) Biomedical Sciences at Guelph

wGPA was 3.93 Ottawa wGPA 3.94

MCAT (from 1st year) 27Q... thank goodness it doesn't count!

Working at an Urgent Care Clinic for the past 3 years, Volunteer with St. John Ambulance (awesome experience), worked as a Residence Assistant 3yrs

Some various (or 'unique' as the interview panel put it) EC's. lots of volunteer work...

Goodluck to everyone still waiting, I hope you hear soon!

*fmdsm

Archived