Premed 101 Forums

Good waitlist thread *Patience is a virtue*

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I seem to be on the "good" waitlist too... the difference between "good" and "bad" is based on your rank on their overall scoring list... if it's somewhat likely that you'll recieve an offer of admission, then you're on the "good" waitlist. If you're ranked farther down, they'll include something along the lines of "it's unlikely you will recieve an offer of admission" at the end of your waitlist e-mail. At least that's the impression I've gotten so far!

From what I remember of the info session in Ottawa, I got the feeling that the "good" waitlist wasn't that much longer than what they expect to admit... anyone know anything for sure?

So is it official? A good waitlist just states you are waitlisted and will be called at some time during the summer if a spot opens and bad waitlist specifically says 'not likely' to receive an offer? or are we all just assuming things here?

Hey AMmd

Ottawa doesn`t reject anyone that received an interview. Everyone that didn`t get in gets waitlisted.

So Ottawa adds that little extra line for those unlikely to get in so they can make alternate plans and not wait to hear all summer....the bad waitlist.

My sister was offered admission at Ottawa and Mac a few years ago, and she mentioned that acceptances and declines are done by mail... so it'll probably be at least a few days until they start going through the wait list. Also, 63 spots went to the wait list last year for Ottawa (and 93 for Mac for those interested) - she mentioned that over half of her class was from the wait list...

Just a few stats and info to help relieve some of the stress... it ain't over yet! Good luck!!!

I came home from work a little dissapointed to see I was on the good waitlist; I've been also waitlisted at other schools, and its starting to get a little frustrating. Oh well - we all just have to remind ourselves that this is much better than rejection. The U of O waitlist looks promising, but it would be key to know how many of us are on the good waitlist...

i was feeling pretty bummed about being waitlisted. this morning, when i got to work (at a job i just started last week), my supervisor asked me how i was doing. when i told him about being waitlisted, he immediately started trying to cheer me up. he even told me that in the "worst case scenario" i would have an extended contract with a pay raise! he was so genuine in showing his support, while also being careful not to try to get my hopes up too high about med school. you better believe that i'll be trying to the best job i can for him to try to reciprocate his kindness :)

hello all

keep up the hope.;) . more offers to come. we actually has 2 people who got off waiting list 3 weeks after the class started .. so just imagine you get a phone call and telling you well, you have to start school tomorrow and have a block exam in 3 weeks.. scary Ha?:eek:

can not wait to see you in O-weeK, get back to renal exam,,, one more day to a 3 month of freedom...enjoy the time you have while you can.

Sara kj

meds10

From what i've read about the good waitlist from last year on these forums, movement usually starts at about 2 weeks from the time the first round offers are sent out. That being said, I would imagine by May 30th they will start calling people. I can't say for sure, but that is my interpretation based on previous events

hello all

keep up the hope.;) . more offers to come. we actually has 2 people who got off waiting list 3 weeks after the class started .. so just imagine you get a phone call and telling you well, you have to start school tomorrow and have a block exam in 3 weeks.. scary Ha?:eek:

meds10

Were these people off the good or the bad waitlist? Does bad waitlist mean a rejection?

Archived