Premed 101 Forums

Waitlist- Email? And post mail?

Hi there,

I have been placed on a waitlist; last year people on the forum found out their waitlist via e-mail a few days after May 15th.

In the e-mail I received it stated waitlist position will be mailed to you. Does anyone know if they also e-mail your waitlist position, as well, as mailing it out? Hoping some of the waitlisters from last year can help me out :D :

I'm away from home for another week and a half and I don't think I can wait :P

Thanks so much!

AMM :)

Congrats on the wait list! 2 years ago it was late June/early July. It sucks to have to wait to be sure but as Ltd said, odds are on your side with the list going to 26 and 24. I believe new spots opened at other schools this year too, so I'm sure that won't hurt.

....what is the due date that you have to send in your reply? I know that prvisional acceptances become firm on June 8, but just wondering when that first round of replies is due. Since waitlist admissions are rolling, I'm just trying to get an idea of what my wait will be like :confused:

thanks

Hi there,

The email said I had to send my acceptance to OMSAS by May 29. Is that what you're referring to?

Estrella

Congrats pmiron84! Sounds like it's safe to celebrate!

Estrella... I believe firm acceptance is the end of June, or at least it was. You can have "provisional?" acceptance though until then... so they keep your spot in case you choose to wait for other schools' accepteptances. Again, this is what I remember from 2 years ago, things may have changed.

Hi all

From last year, a response was required by the end of May.

At that time, NOSM looked at how many spots had been rejected and those were then offered to applicants on the waitlist. If offers of admissions indicated that they were provisional acceptances, then they had a little longer of a timeframe (i.e. mid June). At that time, if they did not accept a different med school's offer of admission, their provisional acceptance to NOSM became firm. If they did accept a different offer to another med school, then their spot at NOSM opened up and was offered to someone on the waitlist.

Thus, a first wave of offers to those on the waitlist should occur in early June and a second wave MAY occur in late June/early July.

Hope that helps!

LtD

pmiron:

I believe I was #16 although I could be wrong. Seems like a lifetime ago. I got the call from them the first week of June (I believe the 5th).

So good luck to all you waitlisters! It seems like a long wait, but June will be here before you know it! As soon as you pass that May 29th deadline things move pretty quick!

Kris

Ottawa 2010

hehe! I already celebrated last night (without knowing my rank). I figured, i might as well celebrate, either for going in, or for not (kleenex party!) you know! LOL

hehe! But ya, i hear they go to roughly 30 every year, in the waiting list. So, it's pretty good! :P Good luck to everyone!

Archived