Premed 101 Forums

UWO Update

Hi Everyone,

I emailed Trish recently asking her what the statistics were of the people who got early acceptances in order to gauge how close or far away my stats were for acceptance in July and I thought I'd let you all know.. People who received early acceptances had Academics/GPA/Percentages in the 90's, had DAT scores in the 90th percentile and interview scores around 85% (roughly 29.5-30/35). So, I would guess that the closer your stats are to those benchmarks the more likely you are to get an acceptance in July.... Good luck everyone.

I just got my interview score from Trish today: average of 28. Do you guys know what the average score has been for acceptance offers in previous years?

I believe last year the avg was hovering about 80% for the interview (28/35).

I scored 31/35 on the interview and my avg. is 85%, my DAT scores are on the mid-low end though. Crossing my fingers...

Should be fine, your marks are solid, DATs are worth little, and that is an excellent interview score.

By the way, did anyone read about the the Schulich School of Medicine and Dentistry getting about 2.5 million over two years from the Ontario government for dentistry? This decision is getting harder and harder...

I am not sure what formula they use for the final ranking. I called Trish two weeks ago, and she told me that I was one of the few applicants that received a perfect score from all three people on my interview. My GPA on my best two years are in high 80s-close to 90 (4.0 on my last year). My DAT scores are average. I didn't get early acceptance. What does that mean?

You answered your own question kinda heh...marks are still worth 60% and there are some crazy kids out there. Grats on the interview though.

Anyways, why so anxious about the acceptance? You know with your stats you'll get normal acceptance at least, there is no bonus to early acceptance. We all have the same offer due date anyways, July 9th I think.

Hey people,

...been away for a while but man, those stats are intense! I think i'll be on the cuff of getting a regular first round acceptance...well I hope anyways. I have 86.3% over 3 yrs (it's the same for 2 yrs), 32/35 on the interview and 19 AA cause of an 18 on RC - i just want to fast forward to the end of june/start of july to find out. This waiting really blows!

Archived