Premed 101 Forums

another sketch question

Guest Elle

Can somebody recommend what I should do with the following?

I was on a Badminton team for four years and each year I won a medal and MVP. Now, should I simply use one entry for the entire four years or do four separate entries for each year? Also, would I list the medals and MVP in the awards & accomplisments or should I just include them within the X-Act.?

Thanks,:)

Guest Kirsteen

Hey there Elle,

I was in a similar situation to you, except in a sport where the projectile was legally allowed to hit the ground once for play to continue (:) ), so I'll tell you what I did:

1) The 2 All-Star Awards (for 2 different years, and akin to your MVP titles) went into the "Awards" section. (I figured they should go here since they are individual, not team, awards.)

2) Since I was team captain and, as a team, we won 2 gold medals (for 2 different years), this went into the "Extracurriculars" section, with a statement along the lines of: "As a 5-year captain of the squash team (in your case, if you weren't captain, then "team member" or something similar), I led our team to x-gold medals...".

In any case, even if you wished to combine all the information into one line, you'd probably have a tough time doing so without losing some detail, so my vote's for splitting it up, if you have the space. I hope that helps. :)

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Archived