Premed 101 Forums

Post May 29th Acceptances

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just to reiterate what has been said by others, this is the email reply Judy Barkley sent me....

"We are sending out emails continuously, as places become available. Keep

watching your email. We sent out more yesterday."

It seems as though UofT and UWO classes are nearly full :(

Here's hoping Queens works out!

I Emailed Jennifer Saunders and she sent back the following:

I can’t give out any information regarding our waitlist. However, we are still making offers. You will probably hear from us one way or the other by the end of the month (hopefully if we can fill the class by then).

I've been watching this thread intently. It's been difficult for me to judge how many people have been taken off the waitlist. It seems every week there is only one or two people who post after receiving an invite. Does this mean relatively few invites are being sent each week, or is it just that few people are reporting back? My impression is that each wednesday they trickle a few invites out. The waiting is frusterating but hopefully good news will come this week.

Hi Everyone, I just got off the phone with Judy (I think as it was definitely not Jennifer). She said that 5-6 offers were sent this morning but she didn't know if more offers were being sent (this week or ever). She said she expected to have the class full by the end of June. She wouldn''t tell me anything about my status.

Hi Everyone, I just got off the phone with Judy (I think as it was definitely not Jennifer). She said that 5-6 offers were sent this morning but she didn't know if more offers were being sent (this week or ever). She said she expected to have the class full by the end of June. She wouldn''t tell me anything about my status.

I didn't get one :(

geez how many people call/email the office to ask about their position per day??? if i worked there, i'd probably tell them the class is full or near-full just to get them to stop calling/emailing... it seems like everyone gets a different story when they contact the office... so why not just leave them alone... if you're gonna get in, it'll happen, if not, then calling won't help.

I know the wait is hard, I'm going through the same thing right now... and i can't say that I haven't considered contacting them to try and figure out where I stand... but in all honesty, they clearly have said DO NOT CONTACT US TO TRY AND FIND OUT YOUR POSITION! It's their position to not let you know, so why bug them? Think of it this way: if you do get an offer, it'll be such a nice surprise!

I got an invite today (tuesday june 19). Needless to say I am thrilled and will be accepting the invitation.

For those of you still waiting, do not get discouraged. I've been rejected many, many times. In retrospect, it has definitely been for the best because I've had time to explore other options, go to grad school, meet a lot of interesting/important people, and to further develop on a personal level. All has been for the best and I'm certain I will be a better doctor because of it.

So stay positive. If you really want it keep going but don't worry if it takes a while for everything to fall into place. It's not a race.

dh

Hi Dante, You make very good points and worthy of being thought through but the circumstances that each of us as individuals are under (with all due respect) you can't possibly fathom.

dh79 much congratulations and thanks for letting us know. Especially thanks for your encouragment. When in the day did you get the invite and how long do you have to reply?

dh79 much congratulations and thanks for letting us know. Especially thanks for your encouragment. When in the day did you get the invite and how long do you have to reply?

I think the email arrived about 8am Pacific time. I have until friday to reply.

I think the email arrived about 8am Pacific time. I have until friday to reply.

whoa - that's only 2 days or so (I thought it was at least a week)! Looks like they're nearing the end.

Congrats to you! Do you think it would be possible to find out your position on the waitlist? Or at least whether you were in the top quarter etc? In the end it doesn't matter anyway since we'll all find out the stats on how many offers they made to the waitlist but it'd be nice to know how deep they're going into it right now as we wait.

do they release stats for the current application cycle immediately when it ends? i remember looking through some pdf booklet of stats and it seemed as though there was a one year lag with regards to stats. Also the number of offers made to the waitlist doesn't necessarily reflect how deep they went into the waitlist, as many will have withdrawn themselves (or have been automatically removed) without ever being given an offer.

Archived