Premed 101 Forums

Post May 29th Acceptances

Guest dipon

Hello all,

Just as I was beginning to think that it was truly game over, an acceptance came my way this afternoon :). I was notified on Friday (just before the long weekend :eek: ) that they had reached my name on the waitlist. I responded promptly, hardly slept for 3 days, and it was confirmed today.

This was a huge surprise to me, and Queen's is my school of choice.

Based on what I've read on these forums, the class appears almost full.

I know how tough it is to keep waiting, especially during the end stage.

As others have pointed out, however, it's worth keeping hope. I truly wish that others will have the good fortune that I did.

Best wishes to everyone waiting, in this cycle and for the next. I look forward to fall.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congrats, dipon! See you in September!

Oh, and don't forget to join the facebook group.: D

Hanna, I'm sorry to hear about your family. I hope that they get through everything alright.

As for your last year, I don't think that it will be that big of a deal, because there are best of two years calculations and the rest of your stats are fantastic anyways :)

I phoned the admissions office today and talked to Jennifer. She said the class is essentially full aside from one or two 'questionable' candidates. Furthermore, she doesn't expect the waitlist to move significantly. She said that to receive a phone call from her would be a big surprise.

I guess 'questionable' candidates refers to people who were granted offers but have not yet accepted them. I didn't even think of asking her what this means when I was on the phone with her...

I phoned the admissions office today and talked to Jennifer. She said the class is essentially full aside from one or two 'questionable' candidates. Furthermore, she doesn't expect the waitlist to move significantly. She said that to receive a phone call from her would be a big surprise.

I guess 'questionable' candidates refers to people who were granted offers but have not yet accepted them. I didn't even think of asking her what this means when I was on the phone with her...

Was her exact wording "questionable candidates"? It makes it sound like that they are in the mafia or something...

I got the email too:

I am sorry to inform you that our class is now filled and we are unable to

offer you a position this year.

In the event that a position becomes available prior to the end of September

we will fill the spot with a waiting list candidate. However, this only

happens under exceptional circumstance.

If you wish to reapply for admission for the 2008 entering class.........etc.

Oh well, it was worth the shot, Good luck next year everyone!

• 1 month later...

Just in case there are still waitlisters out there, don't lose hope!! I just got an email TODAY being asked if I would like to join the class of 2011...I've declined, as I've already started school at the U of C, so hopefully one of you will be notified soon!

Best of luck,

s

Archived