Premed 101 Forums

Western admission question

Hello!

I'm new to this forum, it looks like there is lots and lots of great information here!

I have a question; I am wondering if anyone knows if Western puts a lot of weight on your marks in the prerequisite courses or simply your overall gpa?

For instance I know Dal looks first at your marks in the upper level prereq's (biochem, microbiology and physiology), and I believe calculates a prereq gpa, and then they go back 60 credit hours and calculate that gpa.

Have a great day!!

Hello!

I'm new to this forum, it looks like there is lots and lots of great information here!

I have a question; I am wondering if anyone knows if Western puts a lot of weight on your marks in the prerequisite courses or simply your overall gpa?

For instance I know Dal looks first at your marks in the upper level prereq's (biochem, microbiology and physiology), and I believe calculates a prereq gpa, and then they go back 60 credit hours and calculate that gpa.

Have a great day!!

No, Western (nor UofT, just in case you're also wondering) does not put weight on your prerequisite course marks. As long as you fulfill the prerequisites you are fine.

hope that helps!

-Wisdom_tooth

Archived