Premed 101 Forums

nonrepresentative GPA's

Guest freckles

Guest freckles

I think this may have been addressed earlier, but I am asking the question again.

In the questions field of OMSAS what to people think about the nonrepresentative GPA part. My marks in the first term of third year were compromised by some personal situations. Unfortunatly, they were very personal. The phrases "stalker" and "midnight calls to police" come to mind. :eek

My overall average is still decent (3.78) without fancy weighting, but I know that it could have been higher.

Thankyou for any help you may be able to offer

Guest Valani9

You're gpa is still pretty high. After weighting, it's probably well within all of the standards.

Having said that - I'm sure it couldn't hurt to include an extra letter in your app.

Regardless, give yourself the best possible honest chance. If your grades that semester were nonrepresentative, then make a note. You don't have a lot of room or any chance to really explain yourself so it might be easier to just be straightforward and honest about what happened. The only people who will see it are OMSAS and admissions folks, and believe me, they've all seen much worse.

Seriously. Those things can and do make a difference.

Archived