Premed 101 Forums

Reference Warning..

Guest Biochem10

Guest Biochem10

I just thought I'd warn everyone out there about a little problem I just encountered. Seeing as the application deadline is just 4 days away, I contacted all my references to make sure they sent out the confidential assessment forms. Well, to my shock...one of my very busy supervisors forgot to fill it out!!!!!!!!!!!! I am soooo mad! Anyway, I just e-mailed him the form (seeing as we're in separate cities) and I pray that he fills it out today and sends it Fed-Ex. It's just a warning to everyone to not take this sort of thing for granted! I could have been really screwed if I hadn't made that phone call today. Hopefully this thing gets done or else there goes my future, all thanks to one lousy supervisor!

Guest Valani9

Don't worry too much about that.

In the worst case situation (ie. it's not there by Tuesday), all you have to do is get him to write an additional letter to explain that you requested the letter in due time. I think they know that ref.s mess up sometimes.

Guest hmsdread

Hey,

I'm pretty sure they give the confidential assesments a little leeway when coming in. I don't think they follow the strict deadline the actual application does.

hmsdread

I called OMSAS today and asked about late referneces and they said not too worry, that there is no strict deadline for the assessments, so not too worry!

Archived