Premed 101 Forums

Deatailed sketch for UoO

Went thru past threads but didnt really answer all my questions

The title of the activity is already listed in the 'short' OMSAS sketch. When you elaborate for UoO, it asks for the verifier. Does that mean that UoO doesn't see that header from OMSAS sketch? They also want a title for position which is in that header plus the dates that span the activity.

thanks guys

Hum... I applied last yr and I can't say I remember the details or if we had to enter the position title once or twice, but here's a cut out of an entry from my saved application copy... I don't know if it's of any use to answer your question or not... but just in case... That's what my one of my detailed sketch entry looked like once complete :

Verifier # 2

Level of Education : 3rd year of university

Hours : Approx. 100, total

Full/Part-time - Summer or Academic Year : Part-time during Academic Year

Responsibilities : Teacher's assistant for 2 psychology classes, mark exams and offer help to students in TA sessions

Activity : Teacher's Assistant for Prof. John Tivendell (2)

Date : 2004/09- 2005/04

I guess whatever you need to do to make it look somewhat like that (provided the application is similar this year)... I think you may have to type the same info twice...

Anyone with more recent experience/ a better memory can provide a better answer?

Yea I think Julie is right; that's how I am going about doing mine but I just have question Julie, under your role you also listed the verifier (i.e. the number in brackets). Is that necessary since the verifier number is already located in the preceeding box? Thanks for your help.

p.s. Ottawa U indicated that filling out the sketch in point form is preferential, rather than sentenced-paragraphed structure

Yea I think Julie is right; that's how I am going about doing mine but I just have question Julie, under your role you also listed the verifier (i.e. the number in brackets). Is that necessary since the verifier number is already located in the preceeding box? Thanks for your help.

p.s. Ottawa U indicated that filling out the sketch in point form is preferential, rather than sentenced-paragraphed structure

Well, for the # in brackets, the instructions in the OMSAS booklet asked to do that last yr I think... If I remember correctly, the application form filled out the title for each item in the detailed sketch for us based on the items in the regular sketch, and then we added the details... So the numbers in brackets are there bc they were in my original sketch that way...

I'm not sure if you were refering to me when talking about the point form, but just so you know, I pasted the info but it's not in the same format as it was in my application (all of this was in fill-in boxes I think... I just pasted it so you could see the wording... I don't know, maybe the description could have been made in more of a point form style, but I think the essential is to avoid complete sentences à la "I worked as a teacher's assistant for four months", which makes the sketch longer to read.

I haven't seen this year's application, so things might have changed... someone applying for the 2nd time in a row might be able to give details of how it did...

• 2 weeks later...

hey guys- I just found out my verifier is going to England to do a masters- can I put her address in England and phone number. She's going for a year as of beginning of september and she's the only person I can put for the activity... Do you think I can put a long-distance verifier?

mike

Yes, you can most certainly Mike, your verifier can be living in the North or South Pole, once you have an address and contact number for the igloo in which they reside is perfect. I have at least 4 verifiers who have international residences and contact information, so you most definitely can do that.

cheers

B

Archived