Premed 101 Forums

AMCAS Verification Roll Call

Along the lines of the SDN thread, I'm wondering what's the status of everyone's AMCAS (and of course...whether they treat the verification of our files differently compared to the US).

For me:

Submitted July 24th (ugh late)

Transcript received July 27 "ready for review" (uhh...so late).

Based on the bad news floating on SDN, it doesn't seem like I'll be verified until mid-late August!:eek::mad:

Along the lines of the SDN thread, I'm wondering what's the status of everyone's AMCAS (and of course...whether they treat the verification of our files differently compared to the US).

For me:

Submitted July 24th (ugh late)

Transcript received July 27 "ready for review" (uhh...so late).

Based on the bad news floating on SDN, it doesn't seem like I'll be verified until mid-late August!:eek::mad:

yes...but dont worry you are still early. Just get a start on the secondaries now. some schools email you the secondaries even before you are verified (eg. NYMC). For others, you can get all the questions from SDN. Start writing all of them now...so when you are verified all you have to do is mail them...

I was verified around aug 7th...and I made first wave of interviews at most schools...

My AMCAS was submitted on the 13th, last transcript in on the 24th. Been "ready for review" since.:rolleyes: I had already prepared myself for not hearing anything till mid-August. For now I've just completed all the secondaries I got, and since I have a class I'm hoping to finish by the 21st so I can go to the US on a vacation, I'm just focusing on the schoolwork.

i dont get it. the login page says they are marking transcirpts received on July 26,07. so how can those received before this date not verified?

I think what they mean by "marking transcripts" is putting received transcripts into the appropriate applicant folder. It doesn't actually mean "verifying".

So an upcoming grant has kept me very busy (not my grant, my supervisor's) and I will probably be submitting later tonight. Despite the fact that I got my transcript sent on July 19, AMCAS says that it still hasn't received my transcript. Is this only because I haven't submitted yet?

I think what they mean by "marking transcripts" is putting received transcripts into the appropriate applicant folder. It doesn't actually mean "verifying".

Little hint I stressed to everyone was to send your transcripts first. If you submitted BEFORE you sent in the transcripts, you are not place in line. Only when the transcripts are received are you placed in the queue. Sucks I know, I was delayed over a month and a bit because I didnt know that...but for those of you who are still waiting to submit...send in your transcripts NOW.

So an upcoming grant has kept me very busy (not my grant, my supervisor's) and I will probably be submitting later tonight. Despite the fact that I got my transcript sent on July 19, AMCAS says that it still hasn't received my transcript. Is this only because I haven't submitted yet?

No....they haven't processed it yet. I sent mine courier and it took 8 calendar days from the date it should have arrived to their center (as per the courier's policy) before it showed up as received.

Little hint I stressed to everyone was to send your transcripts first. If you submitted BEFORE you sent in the transcripts, you are not place in line. Only when the transcripts are received are you placed in the queue. Sucks I know, I was delayed over a month and a bit because I didnt know that...but for those of you who are still waiting to submit...send in your transcripts NOW.

Ya man, totally agree-- I sent my transcript in while i was working on the rst of my primary, when it was almost done. I submitted the primary before they received the transcript. If I was totally on top of things I would've registered, then sent in my Offocial trnascript, then finish the primary.

Oh well.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

I have been complete since mid july for most schools that I applied, but my MCAT will reach them in mid september. Does that mean that they would still be reviewing my file or do they wait until they get my MCAT?

any comments appreciated,

Stats:

raptors: submitted 8/7, transcripts received 7/24 and 8/7 (this one took a while) "Ready for Review"

I supposed i'll update my status to Verified 8/30th.

Man, a few C's really brings down the GPA. First year really screws me over. I'd say I'd probably have a better shot at Canadian Schools if my MCAT marks are higher.

I supposed i'll update my status to Verified 8/30th.

Man, a few C's really brings down the GPA. First year really screws me over. I'd say I'd probably have a better shot at Canadian Schools if my MCAT marks are higher.

What the hell...my transcripts were received, and I submitted a week before you did. I still haven't been verified.

Archived