Premed 101 Forums

mcat required before submission?

bestknightmare

this is for both canadian and american medical school....do we need our mcat score before we can submit the main application? or do we need to have both before we can submit?

because my friend plan to write it in sept. but wants to submit it before the mcat date...would they start processing transcript and all that before the mcat marks arrive to their center?

In the past, the MCAT scores were always released right around the OMSAS submission date. My feeling is that they would be released a day or two prior to the OMSAS deadline. The best advice is to contact OMSAS at their hotline, they probably get questions like this all the time. Then post their reply so all may benefit!

I can't comment on American schools but I imagine your application would be on hold until they receive your MCAT marks. For Canadian schools, you can certainly apply without your MCAT marks, but you will not know if you made the cut-off only schools (UWO, Queen's) and could possibly save a couple hundred dollars if your MCAT scores are sub-par. I believe there is a latest possible date to write the MCAT, such that the scores will be received by OMSAS in time.

Archived