Premed 101 Forums

Work at timmies...

I am going into the fourth year of engineering science at uoft, biomedical option. UofT claims it is the toughest program in Canada (i don't know how true that is). Out of the class of 200 only 5 people worked throughout the school year. I was one of the 5. Although I worked at tim hortons (which is same as not working), I do feel a strong need to mention it somewhere. It was something unique, something only a minority of ppl did. I think the best place to mention it would be the PS?

i think it's amazing that you did such a difficult program and worked at the same time, so your work experience at timmies is definitely something to put on your ps. in general, you should emphasize your commitment and dedication to your pursuit of medicine while fulfilling responsibilities, etc. etc.

wow i have to give you props! getting through eng. sci. and still being able to consider med school is an accomplishment on its own... now if only the med. schools would recognize that :P I wouldn't blow the issue out of proportion, because I think most people recognize or have heard how difficult the program is. I'd definately use it as a point towards being able to handle the demands of med school. Good Luck!!

I am going into the fourth year of engineering science at uoft, biomedical option. UofT claims it is the toughest program in Canada (i don't know how true that is). Out of the class of 200 only 5 people worked throughout the school year. I was one of the 5. Although I worked at tim hortons (which is same as not working), I do feel a strong need to mention it somewhere. It was something unique, something only a minority of ppl did. I think the best place to mention it would be the PS?

A fellow eng sci! 6 years later and my brain still hurts! :P

ERTW!

Archived