Premed 101 Forums

Sept 12.. doomsday?

MedNerd

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 9 R 14

DAMN VR! But overall so happy!

That's a good U of T score....and with a 9, I'd still apply to Queens - who knows, their MCAT cut-offs might drop down....same for Law, you're only 1 point away (I'm also applying even though my GPA is slightly below cut-off, so hey, it's worth a try).

Which province are you a resident of? And what's the 14 in?

That's a good U of T score....and with a 9, I'd still apply to Queens - who knows, their MCAT cut-offs might drop down....same for Law, you're only 1 point away (I'm also applying even though my GPA is slightly below cut-off, so hey, it's worth a try).

Which province are you a resident of? And what's the 14 in?

I am from BC and I got the 14 in Biological sciences. The VR (9) and PS (10) were pretty much exactly what I was expecting. Do you really think that the queen's cut-off would drop? I had kind of just ruled it out.

have any of you looked back at your original thoughts about your exam 1 month ago? How do you think that related to your score now?

did you feel like you had a good correlation from your thoughts and the exam? was it totally independent? was it the complete opposite (thought you did good in something, got a bad mark, thought you did good, got a bad mark)?

have any of you looked back at your original thoughts about your exam 1 month ago? How do you think that related to your score now?

did you feel like you had a good correlation from your thoughts and the exam? was it totally independent? was it the complete opposite (thought you did good in something, got a bad mark, thought you did good, got a bad mark)?

I thought i did a lot better on the PS and found it def easy....but score didn't reflect that...got 10

VR i was aiming for 10 and got that

WS....i sort of panicked there thinking that i missed a passage in VR and my first essay i started writing it with 20 mins left... got a N

BS....i thought i bombed it i was extremely exhausted and during my practice exams i usually skipped WS....got 12

second time writing it...first time got 27P but didn't study much first time this time i studied for two months with 2 weeks off from work full time.

Might re-write using EK material.

Guess I'll have to rewrite, I am pretty much in total shock bout my science scores.

Don't let it get to you. I would suggest continue reviewing the material week by week slowly so that you keep it fresh in your mind until the next time u write the exam (maybe Jan?). Then just concentrate on practicing MCAT type ?'s cause you will have the basic concepts memorized inside out.

I thought i did a lot better on the PS and found it def easy....but score didn't reflect that...got 10

VR i was aiming for 10 and got that

WS....i sort of panicked there thinking that i missed a passage in VR and my first essay i started writing it with 20 mins left... got a N

BS....i thought i bombed it i was extremely exhausted and during my practice exams i usually skipped WS....got 12

second time writing it...first time got 27P but didn't study much first time this time i studied for two months with 2 weeks off from work full time.

Might re-write using EK material.

Wow, you're basically my twin! I wrote it last year april and got 27P the first time but didn't study, just writing it to see how it was. Then wrote it in august and got 32N ... I was doing NSERC at the time too, and i studied for 2 months and took 2 weeks off just before the mcat. lol now i just rewrote this sept and i did use some EK books.

You're like me a year ago lol

Here's my score breakdown, funny thing is the point distribution is totally not what I expected:

PS: 11

Bio: 10

Verbal: 11

WS: R

First of all, I suck at PS. I worked very hard over the summer trying to improve myself, but I usually only held a 10 (consistently, only the odd 11/12). I thought I did ok the PS, but I also made 3-4 really silly mistakes. After the test I was hoping for a 10 and thought I might get a 9 if it didn't break right. I'm now a firm believer that you don't really know how well you did on the MCAT until you get your results back.

Verbal, I thought this was really easy (I kind of got the hang of this section near the end of my studying). I was expecting higher than an 11 as I had scored 13/14 on some of my latter practice tests. Happy with it though.

Biology, my strongest section. I usually almost always had 12/13 on practice mcats and would usually breeze right through the material. But I thought the actual MCAT was really hard and did not require much outside knowledge. In the end it was my lowest score. Something that I would not have believed possible before the test. I wish I would have adapted to this section faster and approached it more like a VR section than how it was presented in the practice tests.

To those who did not do well this time around, I think half the battle is having a feel for the exam.. you do now. It's just a matter or getting yourself motivated again and nailing it next time.

And Law, you of all people probably deserved a better score - but while I'm sure you feel like **** right now, you will do better next time. It's just a matter of figuring out what you did wrong and moving forward from there.

lol r u kidding me...thats trippy SAME exact scores...same situation lol although I didn't have NSERC, i was funded by my supervisor at the lab.

Hope you get ur balanced score of 32 plus and Q plus.

U finish ur 4th yr this yr too? lol

actually i got those marks and applied last year as a 3rd year. I'm in 4th year now, but its still freaky how similar our situations are lol

Don't let it get to you. I would suggest continue reviewing the material week by week slowly so that you keep it fresh in your mind until the next time u write the exam (maybe Jan?). Then just concentrate on practicing MCAT type ?'s cause you will have the basic concepts memorized inside out.

That's what I"m thinking I'll do. It bites, 1 point away in PS and BS. Sigh, oh well.

Archived