Premed 101 Forums

Sept 12.. doomsday?

MedNerd

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You guys are right, lol, it sucks based on my practices... I was expecting 10/11... 9-12 and 12 ... oh well, I'll suffer through this test again. At least I got the 10, that's actually something that I'm really proud of because on test day it was HAAARRRD. Lol, I shuold've taken phsyio avenir :P

Aug 9

VR: 8

PS: 13

BS: 11

WS: Q

damn vr! is this score good enough for schools here?

just like me! (though my PS is 14)

The schools you'd have a tough time at are (like me) Queen's, UWO, Calgary, and Dal. Good job on the PS though!

that's fine, but is it good enough for the US schools? i honestly don't care where i go anymore lol as long as i dont hafta rewrite

Just curious, how did ppl's practice scores compare to their real ones?

I was actually quite surprised by the closeness of the practice scores to the real scores..my stats are:

Practice VR: 6-8 Real: 8

Practice PS: 12-13 Real: 13

Practice BS: 11-13 Real: 11

So yes I was lacking at vr already...I knew it and yet i was somehow hoping for luck to play a major role....oh well

I am going to start preparing really soon. I think I'm going to use Kaplan Comprehensive Review BIO first... and use EK 1001 questions in bio to practice.

Law, I have to tell you - chug the Kaplan book. I used it for the first month or so, but then I purchased the EK books and it was so much simpler/clearer. Kaplan's has way too much stuff that will never be tested.

I concur. I started off with EK Complete package and then bought the Kaplan book thinking that it may be useful to have 2 references. However, I ended up realizing that Kaplan was really just like any old textbook whereas EK was succinct, taught me how to think out the questions and overall gave me a better game plan. I don't know how I did on the MCAT yet (I find out later this week... yikes) but I do know that I boosted my score on practice tests by 12 points {between May and August} and I credit this to EK. However, everyone learns differently and it is important to keep this in mind when choosing how to prepare for our old friend MCAT.

Good luck :)

Archived