Premed 101 Forums

Ottawa Detailed Sketch

Hey,

Does anyone know what the heck they mean by "Competition involved" for the awards/accomplishments? I went through and put down who was eligible or whom I was competing against (e.g. youth from Ontario ages 15-24), but I just realized maybe they just wanted the name of the award or whatever... so confused! :confused:

The year that you hold an award for is generally the year after it's granted (i.e., you might get an award at the end of grade 12, but you're the holder of that scholarship throughout first year). So you should be able to list grade 12 awards, at least for the most part. If you had a fall convocation you could also list that as the date.

The year that you hold an award for is generally the year after it's granted (i.e., you might get an award at the end of grade 12, but you're the holder of that scholarship throughout first year). So you should be able to list grade 12 awards, at least for the most part. If you had a fall convocation you could also list that as the date.

i always thought it was the other way around... ie you get the award after you've done whatever it is you did to deserve the award. Unless you're talking about University entrance awards which are based on high school performance but given for your first year.

okay, this is getting a bit ridiculous - for numerous awards during university, which was a good few years ago for me, i've contacted my registrars office and they haven't been able to help in terms of the "number of competitors" for the awards. so what do i do? say N/A? estimate, based on the size of my class year at university?

Archived