Premed 101 Forums

Postsecondary Ed on OMSAS

Guest kencork3

Guest kencork3

Three quick question about entering my postsecondary ed'n.

I am entering my third year.

1. Do I put years attended as sept 2000 to april 2002, 2003 or 2004?

2. I don't put an expected graduation date as May 2003, even if I can get my 3-year degree if I do get in...correct? Cause it says "This applies if you are expecting the degree at the end of the current school year only". Which technically, I'm not...unless I got in. I hope that question makes sense!

3. I've only completed 2 years. Do I add a third year and enter the courses I'm going to be taking this coming year, and just leave the marks part blank? If not, how do they know what courses I'm registered in for the coming year, especially if some of them are prereqs?

Sorry for the nitpicky questions...its a scary experience, as you all know...

Guest mocha

I applied last year as a third year applicant as well. I put the years attended as 1999-09 to 2002-04 and my expected graduation date as 2002-04 even though I knew there might be the chance that I'd have to return to finish off my fourth year. I don't think it'll matter whether you place your graduation date as 2003 or 2004. I'm pretty sure they'll be able to figure out that your a third year applicant which will suffice. You should also add what courses you're going to be taking this upcoming year (your third year) and just leave the marks part blank. I'm pretty sure I went through this paranoia at one time or another so it's all good.

Best of luck with the application dude.

Archived