Premed 101 Forums

problems with the OMSAS website..

Guest aol user sigh

Guest aol user sigh

Hi everyone,

I can't seem to log in to OMSAS through my AOL account. (Sigh, I have various frustrating reasons for being, very temporarily, an AOL user).

Anyways. I would appreciate it if there are ANY OTHER AOL USERS OUT THERE - could you give me a shout about whether or not you can access the site?

And if anybody else CAN'T access it, or had problems that they were able to solve, please do post.

The AOL tech people don't seem to believe me that the site actually does exist.... :(

aol user

It used to be the case that you could sign on to the internet with AOL and then open any browser installed on the machine (Netscape/MSIE/Opera)....Since the problems you experience are likely due to the borked out bastardized MSIE integrated with AOL, using a different browser will likely get you going, give it a try.

Guest aol user

Oddly enough, when I just use IE, I can't get into anything at *.ouac.on.ca at all!! I've tried reinstalling the AOL adapter.

if you enter a url that doesn't begin with 'www',

such as compass.ouac.on.ca, or foo.bar.com

it often won't guess the protocol to be http

(this is the case with win98/winME, but not win2k or nt4),

So if you are running winME, win98, you have to be explicit and enter http:// before the address....

so instead of simply compass.ouac.on.ca

you actually need the full URL with protocol

http://compass.ouac.on.ca

give that a try

are you getting a specific error message?

(make sure you have the 'show friendly HTTPerror messages unchecked in the advanced tab inside internet options)

otherwise you will just get the meaningless default error message which doesnt tell you a damn thing.

as an other alternative, you may want to try downloading netscape and try that, at the very least you will get more useful debugging info with that browser.

Guest aneliz

I have no idea why you are having problems. I too am an AOL user very temporarily and against my will (its called three months for free because I am poor...). I tried to open Compass just now (just to see if I could do it) and it opened up fine for me from within AOL's 'borked out' excuse for a browser. Maybe the OMSAS site is acting up already? Try it again! Also, make sure that you are set up to take cookies. I know that compass would not run last year without cookies! (yummy cookies....) I wish you luck!

Cheers!

Guest aol user

thanks aneliz for your comments -- they are VERY much appreciated. Can I just confirm with you that you are able to actually *log in* to compass - not just visit compass.ouac.on.ca ? (Or, if you have no interest in logging in or registering, just able get the registration page to load - I click on "register" and nothing loads)

thanks so much!

aol user

Archived