Premed 101 Forums

question of prerequisites with "laboratory session"

this might be too late to ask this, but what does uottawa mean when they require a "laboratory session" with your biology and chemistry courses?

Some 4-month courses at my school include a lab component in the half credit and some don't. For the ones that don't, there are some that are associated with separate 0.25credit lab courses.

Is it enough to take courses that include a lab component or do I have to take these separate 0.25credit lab courses to satisfy the "laboratory session" prerequisite?

PS I'M FLIPPING OUT BECAUSE I LEFT ALL THIS SHT TIL THE LAST MINUTE AND NOW I DONT HAVE TIME TO FINISH IT ZOMG WTF LMAO STFU OMG I JUST BURNED MY TONGUE ON CHICKEN SOUP WTF

ZOMG WTF BBQSAUCE CLAM DOWN ROFFLE

I think you're okay with the courses that include a lab component. I know for a fact that courses at U of O that include a lab component, e.g. CHM1320, are acceptable.

Check with others at your university if you're really worried.

Just to second noqturne, as long as the courses you took included a lab component, you're fine (wether it was part of the half credit or not). Also, don't worry too much. Pre-reqs, like references, is something that can be fixed post-deadline, should you find a mistake somewhere... Of course it's better if you can just get it right before the deadline (for your own personal joy of not having to look at the application again for a while), but don't worry, it'll be ok ;)

i think i'm definitely in a worse situation than you. i actually COMPLETELY MISSED THE LINK for prerequisite courses, and did not realize this until now, when i am reading the forum. so i actually left the entire section blank. i am emailing ottawa to see whether i can make this up somehow. *sigh* que sera, sera...i mean, it's just one school, but it's such a retarded mistake on my part. and i was very interested in ottawa...

i think i'm definitely in a worse situation than you. i actually COMPLETELY MISSED THE LINK for prerequisite courses, and did not realize this until now, when i am reading the forum. so i actually left the entire section blank. i am emailing ottawa to see whether i can make this up somehow. *sigh* que sera, sera...i mean, it's just one school, but it's such a retarded mistake on my part. and i was very interested in ottawa...

Hey, I went and talk to the admissions officer. They do look at your "prerequsite" sections, but she told me that in the end, Ottawa U goes through all the course record anyway. So relax!

I made the exact same mistake last yr. Instead of being smart, like you, & contacting the school, I just figured they wouldn't take me and didn't do anything about it... During the winter semester, they sent me an email, saying they couldn't see if I met the pre-reqs & could I please call them... I called, sent them a proof of registration for the required courses and all was good! Don't worry about it. They take the admissions process very seriously and will not disqualify you for something like that.

Archived