Premed 101 Forums

Transcript Deadline

From the medicine.pdf document:

October 12, 2007
Deadline to submit completed Faculty of Medicine Application and Supplementary Application and 2 official university and/or college transcripts (other than U of M). Transcripts should be submitted at the time of application but may also be submitted directly from the institution. We must receive transcripts from institutions by November 1 in order to process your application.

Does this mean that if you submit the transcript yourself it needs to be in by Oct 12 with the rest of your goodies, but if your school submits it you have 'til November 1st?

Its probably less leg work to get your school to send the transcripts directly. The deadline I don't think is as firm as it should be. Come November they send you a checklist of what needs to be sent yet to complete your application. I think that you can send a few things late, but I wouldn't push it. I think the golden rule with U of M for 'deadlines' is to have things postmarked by the date. In past applications I have had the schools send them usually around now and given the two week processing and so forth there hasn't been a problem to date.

Archived