Premed 101 Forums

when are u not eligible to be considered part of the graduate pool?

Can`t speak to all schools, only Ottawa.

If you did a course-based masters they will take your entire degree and count it as your last year in the wGPA formula. They do this only if your undergrad wGPA doesn`t meet the cut-off.

If you did a research-based thesis and your undergrad wGPA doesn`t meet the cut-off then you may be asked to submit a grad package. I have no info on the details of what the package involves.

Basically, if you did a clinical course-based grad degree, it would be hard to compare you to those that did research-based degrees. They are different degrees. With the research based they will likely be looking at graduate productivity...so things like publications, poster presentations etc. If you did a clinical degree it would be hard to have as many of these things, if any.

Hope that helps

i was in that situation and most of the schools that i applied to in Canada and the US, were not going to consider my graduate course based clinical degree. they looked at my undergraduate grades. that was the general rule. some did take one year of it and combine it with two years of my undergraduate (u of sask.).

Archived