Premed 101 Forums

Interview Questions

i'll be competlely honest... I am at NOSM now and I wouldn't DARE play with their confidentiality agreement. DO NOT DIVULGE QUESTIONS! If anyone is caught, I swear you'll see the end of NOSM pretty quick in your life.

And trust me, this forum isn't confidential!

I imagine alot can be covered if one focuses on the regulars ...

-why you want to be a doctor

-medical ethics

-team work related questions

- give an example of when you .... type questions (experienced conflict, worked well in a team)

- Tell me about yourself questions ...

- Why do you want to come to our school

and then sprinkled it with a northern flare

-aboriginal isssue questions

-northern practice questions

-differences b/w rural and urban practice

Come on people ... these are no brainers as far as whether there is a good chance that one form of these or another will be asked ...

One question that you wont be asked is "What are the secret ingredients to Big Mac Sauce?". See already you can worry about one less possible question being thrown at you ...

I have a feeling that if you cover those and deriviations of those you will cover a good chunk of the possible types of question you may encounter ... you will always be thrown 1 or 2 questions that you say "Where did those come from?" but being able to drop one question helps in that way. But thats where your intellect, creativity and honesty shine through ... you are not going to fool anyone with pre-made answers that dont reflect who you are.

I have not interviewed at NOSM before but have interviewed at med schools before ... none of this is secret information ....

Beef

I am CONVINCED administration or admissions are on here!

Well than. Welcome Administration and Admissions! Look forward to interviewing at your school! ;)

Doc2011: The only unfortunate thing about that of course is that possible posters will 'clam up' and be frightened to post or say anything that reveals who they might be and not be inclined to say anything that might be taken the wrong way. It ends up being detrimental if possible posters dont contribute to the thread due to monitoring. I would rather that NOSM staff become actual forum members and log on and take questions/ contribute to the forum. Many answers may be "I cant comment on that" but I think there presence would be very unique. If one staff member contributed 1 hr a week being on the forum that would be phenomenal to answer questions/ comment / etc.

I can certainly see the intrigue that NOSM faculty/staff may have with knowing whats being said about them especially as the school continues to build its reputation and put out its feelers into the community.

Anyhow that wont change anything that I say on here as I always act myself and will continue to joke about the fictitious 'secret binder' :)

Beef

I am CONVINCED administration or admissions are on here!

I love conspiracy theories as much as the next guy, but why would NOSM staff review such a faulty and untrustworthy site for information. I 100% agree with DOC2011, that people betraying the confidentiality agreement are going to be punished. However there is nothing else pertinant to the faculty or admissions department on here. I would compare reading this site for information as someone claiming wikepedia as a credible site. In both cases we can write any BS we want, and claim it to be truth.

Well than. Welcome Administration and Admissions!I would rather that NOSM staff become actual forum members and log on and take questions/ contribute to the forum. Many answers may be "I cant comment on that" but I think there presence would be very unique. If one staff member contributed 1 hr a week being on the forum that would be phenomenal to answer questions/ comment / etc.

Beef

Here here. If anyone from NOSM faculty truly reads this site, what a tremendous idea.

Now I would like to explore an important issue at NOSM. I would like to speculate on the information within the 'secret binder'. Is our geographical boundary defined by postal codes? or county's?

I believe that Beef is indeed faculty, on this site, posing as a student. Possibly he was the creator of the 'secret binder'? So Beef, does the 'secret binder' explain how rural certain postal codes are over others, and most importantly does it hold the mythical keys to unlocking the weighted geography percentage on our final scores??

I love conspiracy theories as much as the next guy, but why would NOSM staff review such a faulty and untrustworthy site for information. I 100% agree with DOC2011, that people betraying the confidentiality agreement are going to be punished. However there is nothing else pertinant to the faculty or admissions department on here. I would compare reading this site for information as someone claiming wikepedia as a credible site. In both cases we can write any BS we want, and claim it to be truth.

I dont think the Admissions are seeking out information but I more liken it to Brad Pitt picking up the National Inquirer to get a good laugh at the story of how he is actually a genetically engineered being made by the Bush Administration to distract female voters from voting in elections and thus allowing Bush to get re-elected ..... NOSM wants the gossip :D

Beef

I believe that Beef is indeed faculty, on this site, posing as a student. Possibly he was the creator of the 'secret binder'?

YOU IMPUTENT FOOL!! you have discovered ME!!! IAM A FACULTY MEMBER and for figuring this out I give you immediate admission to NOSM ... due to your cleverness I will allow you to start class immediately with the current First year class .... congratulations SON! Its been three years and no one has figured this ultra hidden route of gaining admission ... you truly have the healing touch ... :D :D :D

BEEF

P.S: Im sure a moderator is going to kick me off now for impersonating faculty :rolleyes:

Fine print: no real faculty were injured in the production of this thread, any resemblence to actual real faculty is purely coincidental.

• 2 years later...
I imagine alot can be covered if one focuses on the regulars ...

-why you want to be a doctor

-medical ethics

-team work related questions

- give an example of when you .... type questions (experienced conflict, worked well in a team)

- Tell me about yourself questions ...

- Why do you want to come to our school

and then sprinkled it with a northern flare

-aboriginal isssue questions

-northern practice questions

-differences b/w rural and urban practice

Come on people ... these are no brainers as far as whether there is a good chance that one form of these or another will be asked ...

One question that you wont be asked is "What are the secret ingredients to Big Mac Sauce?". See already you can worry about one less possible question being thrown at you ...

I have a feeling that if you cover those and deriviations of those you will cover a good chunk of the possible types of question you may encounter ... you will always be thrown 1 or 2 questions that you say "Where did those come from?" but being able to drop one question helps in that way. But thats where your intellect, creativity and honesty shine through ... you are not going to fool anyone with pre-made answers that dont reflect who you are.

I have not interviewed at NOSM before but have interviewed at med schools before ... none of this is secret information ....

Beef

Hi,

I do not agreed with you. Any way, your ideal make me thinking about some thing for my project.

Apart from that, this link below may be useful: HR interview questions

Please try to keep posting. Tks and best regards

• 1 month later...

Hi,

Thanks very much for this comment and link. It's useful. I was actually hired from another interview I had. I'm sure this thread will be useful for others though.

Apart from that, this link below may be useful:HR interview questions

Tks again and pls keep posting.

Hi,

I do not agreed with you. Any way, your ideal make me thinking about some thing for my project.

Apart from that, this link below may be useful: HR interview questions

Please try to keep posting. Tks and best regards

Not only do you sign an agreement to not divulge any information, but it is really quite...unfair. They're blind for a reason and they've been specifically asked for a reason (which is really clear when you read them--or at least, I thought so!)...the school does not want the integrity of their selection process jeaporadized and I don't blame them.

Archived