Premed 101 Forums

Verifiers for Formal Education

Guest Elaine I

Guest Elaine I

Who did most people use as verifiers for your formal education? For the two programs I graduated from, I'll be using the Program Directors. However, I have taken either miscellaneous courses or a year or two at other universities. Should I try to get a hold of a specific person in the Registrar's Office, or just put down the university contact information?

Thanks for your help.

Elaine

Guest aneliz

You can just put down contact information for the registrar's office....it is highly unlikely they will contact them anyway...given that they have a transcript as 'verification'...

Guest Kirsteen

Hi there Elaine,

Program Directors make excellent verifiers, but so do the Registrar's Offices of the university(s) where you completed your courses. Although it's important to include verifiers for each and every activity you include in your sketch, I wouldn't sweat too much about those for the "Formal Education" category. It's the one category that includes information that is firmly backed up by proof in the form of an OMSAS-verified transcript. :)

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Guest westerngirl2004

Hi Elaine,

I had my academic counsellor at the university as my verifier. They do check once in a while from what I've heard from her (my counsellor), so I think it'd be good to have a specific person down on your contact info.

Cheers,

westerngirl

Archived