Premed 101 Forums

good magazines?

Guest iwannaplaylock

Guest iwannaplaylock

Well I need to start reading some more for the english provincal exam and such and to help myself in VR (i noe its early but i actually like reading magazines) can any1 recommend good tough magazines like Harpers? I would start reading Harpers but my library doesn't have it and i really don't want to go the central branch every month or so...

If you like News magazines, you can read MacLeans, Time. Harper's and Economist are good too (they have more opinion stuff in them), which is refreshing. Or simply the internet (eg. cbc.ca, bbc.ca). If you're into newspapers, there's all the standard Canadian newspapers, but they tend to have a fairly low English level. You could try the NYTimes, which is a little bit more sophistocated.

If you're simply interested in improving English skills, reading pretty much anything will help you out, so read whatever you're interested in. I used to read lots of novels and poetry and occasionally some history/mythology too. Wish I had more time to do that now!

• 1 month later...

Hi there,

I'm not sure what you're looking for in media, but another great set of resources for staying up to date on news items is online news agencies. I have CBC, BBC and CBC in my bookmark menu bar and read them daily. Certainly helps keep me up to speed in quite an efficient manner.

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Archived