Premed 101 Forums

Interview prep

thanks to all the people that replied. I have a few people interested and we will likely get together the first or second week of January to do some mock MMI style questions. I'll contact you guys by email.

If anyone else is interested in joining, just email me.

Happy holidays!

• 4 weeks later...

Congratulations to all those who got invites. I'm really excited.

Could you guys let me know if you are planning any mock sessions the week of Feb 18-21. I am OOP, so I won't be in Vancouver till then. I have some experience with MMI from Ontario med schools, but BC interviews are new to me, so it would be nice if we could brainstorm together.

I had interwiews at McMaster and Northern Ontario (NOSM) which were both MMI format, however their questions differed somewhat because of the rural emphasis of NOSM.

I would suggest being familiar with the current health care system and look at different scenarios where ethics and empathy come into play. Looking at articles in CMAJ may help.

Cheers,

Claire

"what is CMAJ?".... ouch. Canadian Medical Association Journal. Watch that be question one in the interview. And I dunno if that is such a great read for interview prep, I've read a few of those and most of it is garbage in terms of stuff we would need to know, but I guess the letters to the editor section would be ok.

Congratulations to all who received interview invitations!

When I applied last year, a medical student from this forum gave me a mock interview and some valuable feedback. Now that I am in medical school, I feel I should pass on this service. If you think you could use some practice and constructive criticism from someone who has done both a UBC interview and an MMI, I am happy to spend a lunch hour with you. I do not have a lot of free time right now, so I am only available from 12 to 1 on Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays at the LSC, and I cannot mock interview everyone, so this will be on a first-come first-served basis. Please PM me if you are interested and let me know some days that work with your schedule.

Best of luck to you all!

Hey Guys!

I know you guys have started having mock MMI practice sessions since last saturday. Unfortunately my saturdays are booked for volunteer so I wouldn't be able to to make to few of them... is there any other days you guys are meeting? Or would anyone be interested in setting up another day that we can meet up for practice?

Hey Guys!

I know you guys have started having mock MMI practice sessions since last saturday. Unfortunately my saturdays are booked for volunteer so I wouldn't be able to to make to few of them... is there any other days you guys are meeting? Or would anyone be interested in setting up another day that we can meet up for practice?

How about Saturday or Sunday later afternoon/evening (4pm-)? My weekends are also a little iffy sometime especially during the daytime.

Send me a PM if anyone is interested in that (don't like publishing my email on public forum).

Archived