Premed 101 Forums

OOP notification

thecoolest47

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hahaha i think that must be the mindset of ANYONE applying as an OOP to most schools across canada. I for one definately think my chances are quite slim to get an interview/acceptance at mcgill... but then i comfort myself by reasoning that most people with beastly stats would stay in their own province and not apply everywhere b/c they've got good enough stats to get in from where they come from... and even if they're paranoid and apply everywhere, they'll likely get in closer to home, and hopefully stay there. So maybe the stats aren't as bad as they seem... and in the end stats don't really mean much... it's up to you to get yourself in, not the stats... percentage wise it's not much worse than most ontario schools... compare 4000 applicants for 180 or so spots at mcmaster with 500 applicants for 8 spots at mcgill... odds don't seem so bad anymore do they? ;)

• 3 weeks later...
Do they send rejection emails? I only ask because I'm OOP for Dal but got an interview there...am a little bit surprised to be "shafted" by McGill.

Last year they sent out ALL invites/acceptances whatever for a given category on the same day.

Pre-interview rejections were not sent out until the summer (that is the shafted part I am referring to.... the fact that they do not even have the decency to tell you where you stand)

I'm pretty sure I was rejected. I called mcgill today and asked if they had sent out all OOP interview notifications: the person who answered "yes, to the best of my knowledge". Can ppl post their mcat/gpa just to get a feel for what you needed to get an interview?

i had a 34P MCAT and 3.95 gpa, rejected (i think?).

... I know there's a acceptance thread but this is more about what stats are needed to get an interview

Cool, thanks for letting me know, Bunny. It seems kind of ridiculous to send out pre-interview rejections in the SUMMERTIME. I mean, seriously, they obviously know right now...how hard can it be to craft one rejection email and send it to 450 applicants?!

;)

It als seems to stems back to a crazy year (I think 2003) when the Quebec gov. opened up too many spaces in the spring. All 4 schools had to accept pple they had already rejected and interview (and accept) pple that had been rejected pre-interview. They looked kinda stupid so now they just don't reject until they are pretty sure they can fill the class.

I heard that last year was the first year they rejected post-interview. Prior to that they just put everyone on the list.

Archived