Premed 101 Forums

McGill response time to email inquiries..

Blackkeys

hey,

Just wondering what your experiences have been like in dealing with the McGill meds administration. I sent them an email but I'm impatient. How good are they about getting back to people with general inquiries about pre-req's and that kind of thing?

When is it okay for me to write or call again, basically that's what I'm asking. :P

I wrote them an e-mail and when I called because I was becoming impatient as well and because my application was potentially going to be deleted I spoke to the person whom I e-mailed. He actually read me the e-mail I sent but obviously neglected to reply. That wasn't the only e-mail of mine that went unanswered. I would definitely call them.

I wrote them an e-mail and when I called because I was becoming impatient as well and because my application was potentially going to be deleted I spoke to the person whom I e-mailed. He actually read me the e-mail I sent but obviously neglected to reply. That wasn't the only e-mail of mine that went unanswered. I would definitely call them.

WOW! I was sure this happens only to me! I've been corresponding with the same person (you said "him", others are "her"s) for a quite a long time and getting creasily "impatient". Most of my e-mails are either ignored or answered with delay, sometimes several-week delay. So, I prefer to call. Even calling is not a pleasant event - he stays very dry and cold, not to say ignorant, while talking, but answers every question accurately and politely.

Sorry, but now I feel a littel better - it was not personal.

I got accustomed to quick and detailed answers from other med schools, so McGill service surprised me a lot.:rolleyes:

Archived