Premed 101 Forums

What's in the rejection letter?

Hello all,

I am just wondering for all those who have unfortunately been refused without an interview, did you get a letter summarizing what they make of your application or stating your academic scores (AQ/NAQ)? I've read that for those who are rejected post-interview would be granted a chance to attend a review session where some applicants may even get a one-on-one consultation time with the admission officiers. So say if I get rejected without an interview, what kind of treatment will I get? will i at least know where I stand academically and non-academically in the pool for the year? especially since UBC so stubbornly refuses to elucidate their GPA to percentage conversion scheme (for no obvious reasons?).. how am i supposed to know if I do stand a chance for the following years?

Thanks for shedding some light on my inquiry

much appreciated,

muhgel

Pre-interview rejection letter gives you a breakdown of your AQ and NAQ scores. It states your overall average, last 60 credits average and pre-req average (which is not taken into consideration while generating the AQ score) calculated by UBC. Furthermore, it will show you your breakdown of your NAQ score so that you can see how you scored in each category (leadership, etc.) and you will also receive an additional letter showing the stats of all the applicants invited and rejected for the interview.

Sorry, I can't help you with post-interview rejection.

Post inteview letter will have your score in each catagory (AQ and NAQ) broken down for each catagory. You also get a score for your MCAT that is normalized. They add any comments that were made about your application (i.e. upward trend in grades). They have a sheet with all the interview sections and any comments made by the interviewers and how you scored - as well as your score normalized. You get a Rural suitability score.

There might be more but thats all i can remember - it's really a good amount of info, on top of your review session, to head you in somewhat of a direction (except when they give you comflicting info from year to year).

Have rejection letters gone out for this application cycle? And any ideas about when we can expect to hear from ubc about our status?

hmm.... I think the online status will be updated Jan 21 or so (can't remember the exact date but it was before Jan 26 the year before last year). I guess you'll get the letters end of Jan/ beginning of Feb.

Good luck!:cool:

Archived