Premed 101 Forums

Interview invite countdown

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hey Orchid,

I noticed no one answered you. Yup, it's up from what it's been consistently for the last few years.. the Ottawa area cutoff has traditionally been 3.60.

I have no idea if the other catchment cutoffs will go up, too.

Hi,

Traditionally it has been for the last couple of years. I contacted Chantal Renaud earlier this year and she mentioned that it will be 3.65 for this admission cycle.

1 week and counting...

Kind regards,

Dr. E77

I feel bad for you with the 3.84. Last year when I applied I was just under the 3.83 cut off...and then with last year got it up to that, and of course they raise it this year and now I'm just below again! What luck! Oh well, I will keep hoping for other schools.

I don't want to get anyones hopes up (myself included) but I have heard from a number of people that Ottawa invites go out Jan 28th.

Hi,

hmm tomorrow eh? Well I was told that it would be on the 31st...however that being said, I wouldn't mind getting it over tomorrow either.

Good luck to all!

Kind regards,

Dr. E77

does anyone know if Ottawa is using the 50% sketch, 50 % g.p.a to determine their final rank list of candidates? (I know this wasn't totally clear if they did it last year...but from people who got interviewed that I know...it was said that they did this). Has anyone asked admissions about it for this year?

haha nothing we can do now, but it's sorta fun to speculate

From who? Admissions said the 31st...why would they give out false info?

Well.. last year they said everyone who hadn't heard in the first round of invitations would hear by february 9th.. and we all heard on february 7th.. so...

This has been true, in my personal experience, the last three application cycles. They always leak a date later than they are going to release the info.. so that they don't get inundated with thousands of calls from applicants on the day of (because it's before people are expecting ;) ).

And yeah.. the last few years the invites have gone out on the 27th-29th.. followed by rejections a few days later.

My guess (and it's just a guess!) is that despite what the admissions office says.. the invites will go out before thursday the 31st.. (I guess tuesday.. but it's just a hunch ;) ).

But we'll see! Good luck out to all of you.

Archived