Premed 101 Forums

Interview invite countdown

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OMG, I keep reading applicants metioning OCD stuff. Did you guys know that they manifest specifically when you feel a lack of control over your environment in some way that's meaningful to you? Um... waiting for med school interviews.. hmm.. sound familiar? Lol

So what are you guys doing? Cleaning, checking, etc...?

In the past.. they've sent invites out on one day.. and rejection emails out a few days to a week later. And all invites have gone out on the same day (unless you are being considered under the graduate policy).

Last year they said they had a rolling invite.. but everyone who didn't receive an invitation on the first day who wasn't a graduate student eventually got a rejection letter.

Hope this helps!

Haha - and I am fully going back and forth between this window and my email!! Not so good for finalizing my CIHR application, lol.

Good luck out to all of you!!

Yeah.. we were. My best friend has full-on, diagnosed and in the process of being treated OCD, and she and I joke all the time about how common some mild behaviours are in almost all overachievers.

Shrug.. one of the marks of the disorder is an awareness in the patient that their behaviours are silly and unnecessary, but an inability not to do do them, anyway.. so.. in my experience (which is purely anecdotal).. having volunteered for 2 years in treatment support with this patient group.. they are usually a group with a pretty good sense of humour about their condition ;).

Lol.. besides.. it's in no way derrogatory to imply that you yourself, while otherwise healthy, might get into a state that is in some ways similar to a given mental illness - when put in a stressful situation. Shrug, if anything.. indicated empathy.

Shrug.. and I'm a strong believer that in psychiatry more than any specialty, we need a bit of empathy and not just sympathy for patients if we're going to be of any help.

Just my two cents! But what do I know, right? I'm just a struggling pre-meder ;). lol.

The last few posts of this thread have been quite comical, with OCD discussions and interview anxiety. I know a few people in my class that would be willing to give up their place in school right about now, any requests :)? Good luck to everyone!

Haha - give up their place, eh? Oooh, oooh, vote me!

The last few posts of this thread have been quite comical, with OCD discussions and interview anxiety. I know a few people in my class that would be willing to give up their place in school right about now, any requests :)? Good luck to everyone!

This is getting ridiculous..everytime I get a new email in my gmail inbox, I hyperventilate a little lol

lol, u think thats bad. I have been flipping through the forums and my gmail as well. But in the middle of reading a sentence in a post, i check my mail to see if anything has come..hahahaha :D

As a future health care professional, you should think carefully and consider possible implications before making a statement like this.

Seriously? Come on...

Who hasn't felt the constant need to check their email accounts hopefully waiting for that coveted interview invite. If my statement offended anyone then I apologize and by no means do I imply having OCD to be taken lightly. It was never my intent to do so. It was meant to reflect on the impending and potential life changing event to occur in the next couple of days. We as future health care professionals need to show solidarity through this difficult process and share our experiences with other pre-meds to realize that we are not alone. If this statement has offended you, then again I offer my apologies to you and anyone else who was offended by my comments.

Regards,

Dr. E77

Woah, so much for being light hearted... geez, If I didn't know better I would have thought that comment came from my supervisor (I won't go there :P)...

I just wanted to comment on Turkey/Loco/Guac's new thread, I find it hilarious! lol, If I get news, I'll surely post it there. I think this forums is rubbing off on me, teehee.

Good Luck to everyone who is waiting, including moi :D

Archived