Premed 101 Forums

MCAT and GPA Cutoffs Posted

Last year they had a dinner on friday and saturday (i assume to accommodate the students coming for a saturday or sunday interview). There were also campus tours... i think...

Dinner was nice, you get to meet some of your fellow interviewers, and speak to the first year students to get a feel for the school. You definitely don't need to spend the entire weekend there though.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dinner was nice, you get to meet some of your fellow interviewers, and speak to the first year students to get a feel for the school. You definitely don't need to spend the entire weekend there though.

I wanted to point out that the students involved with the interview weekend festivities are not going to be interviewing you. It is an opportunity to learn more about UWO meds in a non-threatening environment. I think Dante meant you will meet fellow interviewees (like yourself).

It was funny at the dinner, I met Darkfalz from the forum here, because I recognized a story he was telling someone else at the table as a story I had read on the forum. All of us from the forum here should have some secret hand signal we can wave at eachother when we're on campus or at the dinner!

superking25 you make it sound like a secret society...i like i like

Great....10BS/10VR/11PS R....and with a 3.85 GPA...I love how the one section I do better than a 10 in is the one that goes down and BS goes up.

I know it's been said by so many people, but does anyone think it's unfair that ONE section can ruin four years of hard work? Western was my top choice, and with Queen's being weird about it's cutoffs, I might be with zero interview invites.

Also, anyone from the GTA area here who hates that we are pretty much the only region in Ontario that doesn't get special preference in admissions (Western, Northern, Ottawa)? Like being from a big city somehow should make us suffer.

Long time viewer, first time poster...out of complete frustration.:(

Great....10BS/10VR/11PS R....and with a 3.85 GPA...I love how the one section I do better than a 10 in is the one that goes down and BS goes up.

I know it's been said by so many people, but does anyone think it's unfair that ONE section can ruin four years of hard work? Western was my top choice, and with Queen's being weird about it's cutoffs, I might be with zero interview invites.

Also, anyone from the GTA area here who hates that we are pretty much the only region in Ontario that doesn't get special preference in admissions (Western, Northern, Ottawa)? Like being from a big city somehow should make us suffer.

Long time viewer, first time poster...out of complete frustration.:(

based on my discussions with queen's, seems like you'll get your invite today. i'm on the flipside: i got UWO, but no queen's. gl!

________

Oregon marijuana dispensary

This sucks. I had an interview last year, 3.90 GPA, 13 PS, 11 VR, 10 BS, R WS, 34R total, but none this year. why did they change it from 10/10/10 to 9/10/11...same diff no?? just my opinion booooo-urns

i hear ya, man. it seems like so many people who get interviews at queen's dont get uwo, and vice versa.

________

JAGUAR R5 HISTORY

im really sorry, but im so confused. if you make the cutoffs does that mean you get an interview? i didnt get any email and i do meet the cutoffs....

The emails won't be coming out until mid-February, from what I understand. That said, it seems pretty safe to assume that if you meet the cutoffs you'll get an interview -- they post the statement that simply meeting the cutoffs does not ensure an interview, but from the comments I've seen here it seems mostly a 'cover-our-butts' statement, and seldom invoked.

• 4 weeks later...

Wanna hear something fun and annoying?

Talked to a med student that has limited involvement on the admissions side of things and at least this is what she reported.

Western enters 10, 10 ,10 Q into a computer.... and it yielded too many interviews.

So then they put in 10,10,10 Q with a 32 total and it gave out too few.

So they just tried different combos until they got the number they wanted...

Which screws those with a 10 in bio.... tough system

Archived