Premed 101 Forums

Question, any comments appreciated

Cobey

Hi,

Please give me your honest opinion about whether or not I am crazy. Thanks!

Firstly, I did not research the US school system very thoroughly. I just applied for the sake of applying to more schools. My GPA is approx 3.8, my MCAT is 10/10/10/S. I have really good LORs and ECs.

BUT...I pretty much applied at the last possible week for each school (I applied to 11 US schools, most of them middle-tier I would say). Excuse: I had to focus on my Canadian apps before I got to the US ones, and I was busy with the MCAT over the summer. I have heard rejections from three so far. Do you think I will just get rejected everywhere because of how late I applied? Is there any hope?

Thanks for the help!

If you haven't heard yet, I wouldn't expect invites (of course, things may still happen, but it's very unlikely). Activity at schools really died down in end of November. Some schools were giving out Feb. interview dates back in October already! I had an invite in mid-September and the earliest dates were in November.

Hi,

Firstly, I did not research the US school system very thoroughly. I just applied for the sake of applying to more schools. My GPA is approx 3.8, my MCAT is 10/10/10/S. I have really good LORs and ECs.

BUT...I pretty much applied at the last possible week for each school (I applied to 11 US schools, most of them middle-tier I would say). Excuse: I had to focus on my Canadian apps before I got to the US ones, and I was busy with the MCAT over the summer. I have heard rejections from three so far. Do you think I will just get rejected everywhere because of how late I applied? Is there any hope?

Thanks for the help!

I'ts getting VERY late in the cycle and your MCAT is not that strong. I would be surprised if you interviewed anywhere at this point. Sorry :(

Hi,

Thanks for the help!

Sorry, I wouldn't keep your hopes up for interview invites at this point. Applying to the US early makes a HUGE difference.

definitely, I appreciate the honest opinions. Thanks! If there has to be a next time, I will try to be more informed about the system.

Hey cobey, there's a thread on SDN (I tried digging it up but to no avail) with a list of schools still interviewing and which are done. Most schools seems to still be interviewing (albeit winding down). Definitely take a look.

Thanks, Kenneth, I will take a look. SDN can get pretty overwhelming, I'm definitely more a fan of premed101...but that is irrelevant and I just felt like throwing it in.

I agree...SDN is insane sometimes. The US Premeds are nuts (and love making lists). But honestly, I learned so much from those boards - everything from how to apply, writing essays, and interview tips etc. Definitely worth the time investment to read once in a while.

Archived