Premed 101 Forums

Will i ever get into Harvard medicine?

KamG

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
harvard, yale, stanford columbia give fin. aid to Canadians. Duke, Hopkins, and a few others you need $250 000 upfront (no aid)

Dartmouth also gives need based aid. Case considers intl's for their ~20 full ride scholarships (no need based aid).

WashU will also give full rides to intl's (extremely competitive) but no need based aid.

Only thing you might have to worry about is Canada might not welcome you back despite your medical education at a world class institution :rolleyes:

no seriously, i've been reading on other forums that u generally need to be from ubc, uoft, mcgill to get accepted into the top 20 US schools

Just as you seem fixated on 'top 20 US schools', you seem to harbour the same misguided fixation on the importance of your undergrad institution. In terms of what adcoms will probably care about, where you did on your undergrad is probably on the bottom of the list.

Ummmm, OP (or TC, whatever), why do you want to go to Harvard so bad? There's lots of awesome all over the US.

To name a few: Duke, Yale, Cornell, WashU-- these are all big names and I don't think anyone will ever say. "Oh, you only got into Duke". And schools that we don't really talk about much like UMich are awesome too.

There really is no point to being bent on HMS. Let's say you did get in (which would be great and hey we all hope so), then what next? Is that the end of the line?

Getting into any awesome school should be your only worry.

• 10 months later...

Archived