Premed 101 Forums

STATS of IP applicants

DMDcanada

uGPA 3,57, master's GPA 3.8, MCAT 39Q (15P, 13B, 11V)

4 yrs army, variety of research projects, student government, debating

I would encourage people with lower stats who got interviews to post, as it's a strong encouragement to other ppl with lower stats to apply. Often people with lower stats but a variety of experiences can bring a lot to the table, and if posting low stats leads to a richer pool of applicants, it will mean more competition but better classmates/ future docs in subsequent years.

i like that McGill takes a more holistic approach to reviewing applications. You don't have to have extraordinary stats to get an interview.

cGPA 3.71, MCAT 33P (13,10,10)

lots of EC, doctor shawowing, internships abroad, continuous volunteering, 3 year research experience with publication, writing for student paper throughout undergrad.

It helps i think to highlight extenuating circumstances if you do have some, but it is important to stress on what you learnt from X difficult situation rather than making it sound like a lame excuse.

i like that McGill takes a more holistic approach to reviewing applications. You don't have to have extraordinary stats to get an interview.

cGPA 3.71, MCAT 33P (13,10,10)

lots of EC, doctor shawowing, internships abroad, continuous volunteering, 3 year research experience with publication, writing for student paper throughout undergrad.

It helps i think to highlight extenuating circumstances if you do have some, but it is important to stress on what you learnt from X difficult situation rather than making it sound like a lame excuse.

amazing stats!

Archived