Premed 101 Forums

ANyone interviewing or already interviewed at Nottingham???

Guest Unknown

</username>
		<dateline>1118447520</dateline>
		<title>Unknown</title>
		<pagetext>(This

Guest Unknown

</username>
		<title>Unknown</title>
		<pagetext>(This

(This post is missing and can not be restored)</pagetext>

</post>

<post>

<thread>Y</thread>

<threadtitle>Advice to potential IMGs</threadtitle>

<threadviews>0</threadviews>

<threadsticky>0</threadsticky>

<poll></poll>

<username>driedcaribou</username>

<dateline>1080131580</dateline>

<title>Advice to potential IMGs</title>

<pagetext>Make sure you really want to be a doctor before you head overseas.

If you're in the profession for the money or the prestige.... forget it. It's not worth the time and effort. More importantly, your patients will suffer.

Worst of all... don't do it because your parents told you to.

If you're in it because you want to experience life in another country and you are certain that medicine is what you want to do... then by all means, go for it. You have my best wishes.

This note may seem obvious to some but from what I've seen.... many people *think* they know why they want to be in medicine and perhaps even convince themselves that it's their calling when in reality.. they really don't know what they're getting themselves into.

Nothing pains me more than to see a medical student who feels squeamish at the sight of blood, or talks about how much money they're going to make, or complains about how they have to listen to people's complaints all day, or how 'as doctor's we don't need to learn first aid' or etc.. the list goes on and on.

Please, if you value money and respect above all else, do yourself a favour and don't go into medicine.

If you're the type that is going to miss home all the time.. stay at home. Medicine is a sacrifice.

• 3 months later...
Guest shoopshoop

Thanks for the tip!

Also, other than just the "idea" of being a doctor people must not forget the excruciating amount of extra paper/exam work along with the poor chance of returning to Canada, for example, and to a less extent to the US in terms of chances to practise as a physician.

In other words, I've learned from many sources, especially this forum, that your location of practise should be put into the consideration formula for whether med school is what you want and WHERE you want it to be done in the end...

I know this is beginner's advice but I guess that is what I am now-a happy beginner :D

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
Guest QuestionMan23213

Hey everyone,

I noticed some other Canadians from this site also received interviews at Nottingham for the MBBS program. How did they go? Was it stressful and was everyone friendly? Mine is coming up in about a month so I want to prepare as best as possible.

Anyways, if anyone has a list of questions they were asked at Nottingham (or at any other schools in UK), please feel free to share them as Im sure they would help!

Also, did anyone else hear back from RCSI yet? I am still waiting for a response.

Thanks for your help,

QMan

• 4 months later...
Guest Unknown

</username>
		<title>Unknown</title>
		<pagetext>(This

(This post is missing and can not be restored)</pagetext>

</post>

<post>

<thread>N</thread>

<threadtitle>ANyone interviewing or already interviewed at Nottingham???</threadtitle>

<threadviews>0</threadviews>

<threadsticky>0</threadsticky>

<poll></poll>

<username>

Unknown

</username>

<title>Unknown</title>

<pagetext>(This post is missing and can not be restored)

Archived