Premed 101 Forums

33 years old - Am I over the hill?

Salut AD2008,

Bonne chance avec Laval!

Si vous n'êtes pas accepté cette année...peut-être vous pouriez considerez faire demande aux autres facultés de médecine dans les autres provinces?

D'après ce que j'ai compris les universités francophones au Québec favorisent plus les jeunes! Mais j'en sais rien par ce que je n'ai pas fait demande au Québec.

Il y a l'Université d'Ottawa...programme francophone si vous voulez plus continuer vos études en français. Et il y a beacoup d'autres universités anglophones!

Bonne chance!

Merci Satsuma,

Il est certain que je dois réfléchir à cette opportunité. Cependant, ça implique des bouleversements importants (conjointe, son travail, etc...). À ce propos j'ai une question. Est-ce que c'est beaucoup plus dispendieux de faire des études hors province, au niveau des frais de scolarité?

Merci encore!

Merci Satsuma,

Il est certain que je dois réfléchir à cette opportunité. Cependant, ça implique des bouleversements importants (conjointe, son travail, etc...). À ce propos j'ai une question. Est-ce que c'est beaucoup plus dispendieux de faire des études hors province, au niveau des frais de scolarité?

Merci encore!

OUI!!! D'après ce je comprends, vos frais au Québec sont environ $5000/année?

Ici à UOttawa les frais sont environ $16000/année. U of T...je pense $18000.

I ask the admission comity director from the University of Montreal to see what I can do to improve my quote and be accepted in medical school. He suggested to me to do a PhD and publish in good journals the results in order to become more competitive. This is what I did, a 5 years of PhD and 2 years of postdoctoral fellow. Now I apply again, I pass all the test at the Laval University and I am still waiting for the answer, June 12th. I hope it will be one of the best day of my life! But at the same University that they suggest to me to perform that kind of path, they did not accept my application, but still no official letter from them. What can I understand. My research curriculum is not at his best, but I far to be bad. How they can refuse my application?

Have you done your prerequisites more than 8 years ago? (Chemistry, Physics, Calculus)? If so, you have to redo them to apply to McGill, UdeM and Sherbrooke... :(

• 2 weeks later...
Salut AD2008,

Bonne chance avec Laval!

Si vous n'êtes pas accepté cette année...peut-être vous pouriez considerez faire demande aux autres facultés de médecine dans les autres provinces?

D'après ce que j'ai compris les universités francophones au Québec favorisent plus les jeunes! Mais j'en sais rien par ce que je n'ai pas fait demande au Québec.

Il y a l'Université d'Ottawa...programme francophone si vous voulez plus continuer vos études en français. Et il y a beacoup d'autres universités anglophones!

Bonne chance!

Sigh. I wish I can read that..

Satsuma, why must you type in french just because you and AD speak it? Is it some sort of punishment for non-french-speaking Canadians? I don't get it.

Tooty - there are translation programs online (google translate for one).

but, it basically says:

<<

Good Luck!

If you don't get in this year, try schools in other provinces.

Quebec Francophone school's apparently favour younger applicants.

Try Ottawa Medical school's French language program or try one of the english medical schools.

Good luck!

>>

Sigh. I wish I can read that..

Satsuma, why must you type in french just because you and AD speak it? Is it some sort of punishment for non-french-speaking Canadians? I don't get it.

Yes...all non-french-speaking Canadians should be punished...and it all starts here on the vBulletin! :P So beware!

Ouchitburns translated the gist of it. Not all that interesting of a post hey!

It is directed to AD who is obviously francophone. And so the post is in French. No apologies for posting in French. But sorry you are frustrated you couldn`t understand it.

Cheers!

Archived