Premed 101 Forums

UBC Waitlist movement!!!

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
WOWWWW!!! That's AWESOME! I can't believe they already started moving into the "real" waitlist...I guess 10 or so people dropped their acceptance already?

That means there's hope for the rest of us on the waitlist :D :D I'm sooooo happy for you!! Have a great weekend!

Oh, I'm sure you'll get in. There are only a handful of people between you and I on the list.

Interestingly, they didn't call me at all to confirm verbally whether I would take the spot. They just sent the congratulatory email package, and notified me that I had until April 2 to pay the deposit. So what this means is that there might be another "round" of waitlist movement for the accepted waitlisters that don't pay by April 2.

WOWWWW!!! That's AWESOME! I can't believe they already started moving into the "real" waitlist...I guess 10 or so people dropped their acceptance already?

That means there's hope for the rest of us on the waitlist :D :D I'm sooooo happy for you!! Have a great weekend!

thats probably because apparently some OOP people havent received their admission package by mail on time......they can prepare the money but they still cant get in because they couldnt get the admission form filled and submitted on time...

i wonder if they will do something about this..

thats probably because apparently some OOP people havent received their admission package by mail on time......they can prepare the money but they still cant get in because they couldnt get the admission form filled and submitted on time...

i wonder if they will do something about this..

i got mine in just a couple days before the deadline cause i got the form on march 12th. i had it emailed to me so i could get it there on time with the deposit.

I don't believe so...so they've taken 3 off the list so far...so you are next...and then me :D I'm guessing there will be some more movement when UT gives out acceptances? That's at the end of April right? So maybe we have to wait another month or so? And remember..it may be slower movement because people will have to drop their 10+$....hopefully a few are willing to part with their dinero :D

• 2 weeks later...

About the waitlist, I was accepted but I dropped my spot at the last moment (last Friday). And UBC was kind enough to give us a grace period up until last Friday at noon (21st of the month). So there was more than enough time to get the paper and check in.

Plus, if you scan proof of payment, they won't give your spot away. They are nice people! :)

Cheers to anyone on the waitlist who wanted to get in! Hope you guys enjoy UBC DMD!

Archived