Premed 101 Forums

UBC Waitlist movement!!!

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't worry, once you're accepted, you are treated very nicely - at least that has been my experience. The proper forms, etc. will arrive, but if the due dates are getting too close, you can always contact Jackie. However, I notice that the first group of people from the forum who were accepted and raised concern of not receiving letters did not continue to complain. I assume that it was taken care of and as in all your cases, any concerns will be taken care of as well.

Relax and enjoy the momentous step you have taken. You earned the right to feel happy and free, knowing your future is one step closer to reality. It'll be a long and tough journey in the next 4 years, but for now, you deserve to smile and feel content.

Hm,

In my e-mail, it said to send them a bank draft with my student number written behind it.

Do I need to wait for some sort of a form to pay the deposti?

I emailed admissions and Jackie sent me the form for non-UBC students as an attachment. If you would like I can email it to you.

And Thank you...it has been a long journey ;)

Hmmm....I just printed out the form that Jackie sent me and it says "Undergraduate Admission Application" is this the one that everyone else had to fill out? I thought we already did an application form? It has questions like which secondary school I attended and in section "H" it asks to list my program of study for 2002/2003...this doesn't sound right?

For those who already received the form in the mail, is this the correct one?

Hmmm....I just printed out the form that Jackie sent me and it says "Undergraduate Admission Application" is this the one that everyone else had to fill out? I thought we already did an application form? It has questions like which secondary school I attended and in section "H" it asks to list my program of study for 2002/2003...this doesn't sound right?

For those who already received the form in the mail, is this the correct one?

it's the right one. just ignore the part asking for the 60$ fee and the 2002/2003 stuff.

I emailed admissions and Jackie sent me the form for non-UBC students as an attachment. If you would like I can email it to you.

And Thank you...it has been a long journey ;)

Hm, thanks.

But I am actually a UBC student right now.

Do you know if a UBC studnet gets a different kind of form?

And what's this Medical Examine thingy??

The medical exam is something every student in Medicine and Dentistry has to go through beforehand. It's to make sure you are up to date on your immunization shots, and medical history. For Dentistry, it's specifically to make sure you do not have Hep B which prevents you from completing the program. I know this happen to a guy that was one year ahead of me. I am glad that UBC Dentistry now publicizes this on their web site so students don't have to go through the whole process only to be kicked out.

Feel free to ask me more questions. Pm me for my msn if you like. This goes for anyone else that already got accepted at UBC or elsewhere.

The medical exam is something every student in Medicine and Dentistry has to go through beforehand. It's to make sure you are up to date on your immunization shots, and medical history. For Dentistry, it's specifically to make sure you do not have Hep B which prevents you from completing the program. I know this happen to a guy that was one year ahead of me. I am glad that UBC Dentistry now publicizes this on their web site so students don't have to go through the whole process only to be kicked out.

Feel free to ask me more questions. Pm me for my msn if you like. This goes for anyone else that already got accepted at UBC or elsewhere.

Thanks for the information.

So I am guessing I have to go and see my family doctor for this?

Or will I get all these informtion in the mail UBC sends out?

Thanks once again~

Archived