Premed 101 Forums

resdidency increase?

I know that this year there will be 84 medical student seats AND 84 residency seats. I had understood that there were currently 60 residency seats but perhaps that was incorrect. I do know that the government will be funding 84 residency seats for 2008. Whether those will all be filled or not by this point is another question. That amount was only just announced in the budget on Wednesday. The goal is to get to 120 by 2011.

common, the government of Saskatchewan is actually thinking ahead, I don't believe it, maybe the Sask Party is actually a good change, traditionally the government of Saskatchewan has been a react to bad media type of government especially when it comes to healthcare. Nothing gets done until someone at the Star Kleenix decides they are bored and looking for a story.

Good to hear.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

Just to clear up the confusion, this is the number of residency seats we had this year was 74, and this is the break up. Note 3 of the spots was added last minute by the government 1 hour before the deadline!!!

Anaesthesia 4 + 2 = 6

Diagnostic Radiology 4

Family Medicine – Saskatoon 11

Family Medicine – Regina 11

Family Medicine – Prince Albert 4

Internal Medicine – Saskatoon 8

Internal Medicine – Regina 3 – 3 = 0

Neurology 1 + 1 = 2

Neurosurgery 1

Obstetrics & Gynecology 4

Ophthalmology 1

Orthopedics 2 + 1 = 3