Premed 101 Forums

Cardiology-Research

How's it going folks?

I'm hoping someone could recommend a research team in GTA and Hamilton that has an interest in Adipokines and their role in cardiovascular medicine- for the nerds that might be in the know, I am talking about Visfatin in particular.

I got a lull in my schedule before I commence my residency in July and was hoping to make the best of my time- reading the lastest updates on the Drudgereport every 5 mins has been mind numbing.

Thanks.

How's it going folks?

I'm hoping someone could recommend a research team in GTA and Hamilton that has an interest in Adipokines and their role in cardiovascular medicine- for the nerds that might be in the know, I am talking about Visfatin in particular.

I got a lull in my schedule before I commence my residency in July and was hoping to make the best of my time- reading the lastest updates on the Drudgereport every 5 mins has been mind numbing.

Thanks.

Hi there,

The most efficient way to determine the most active groups in this area is to do a search in PubMed and see if any investigators are based in Toronto. Another good resource is Jack Tu and his CCORT group up at Sunnybrook. Their focus is cardiovascular medicine entirely but I don't know if they delve into this area of investigation.

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Archived