Premed 101 Forums

April 4th...

yyy

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got waitlisted....any ideas what define a good and bad waitlisted and how fast does the list move up ? Heard that McGill do not reveal the rankings or any related info...

Congrats to all admitted students, goodluck to those waitlisted, hard luck for those rejected !

I got waitlisted....any ideas what define a good and bad waitlisted and how fast does the list move up ? Heard that McGill do not reveal the rankings or any related info...

Congrats to all admitted students, goodluck to those waitlisted, hard luck for those rejected !

For all those waitlisted, I was in your shoes last year. McGill does not give out position numbers so it really is just a waiting game. The aitlist moves, albeit very little. But from what I've heard is many who were on the waitlist who re-apply get in (so it's not horrible news). If you have any questions feel free to PM me.

1st of all, congratulations to those who got in. You'll find McGill (and Montreal) to be a great place to study medicine. The student atmosphere is very friendly and supportive. The student quality is high and McGill draws students from excellent institutions, McGill, U of T, Harvard, Yale etc. We do very well in residency matching (both NRMP and CaRMS). In short, the future looks pretty bright.

I heard the waitlist does move a little so you didn't strike out just b/c you're placed on the waitlist. It's like being placed on standby for your flight. If you struck out or didn't make your flight in the end, and you have a good reason to enter the medical profession, then scrutinize your application, make improvements and reapply. Keep in mind that you're aiming for the most competitive profession at one of the top three medical schools in the country so don't take it too badly.

Archived