Premed 101 Forums

To pass the waiting time

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Out of curiousity, is there anybody out there who thinks they are getting in for sure?

You know, you have high grades and all other things and you feel like your interview performance was soooo good that they will never ever even consider rejecting you..Anyone?

Be honest.

Ha! No way! :)

I felt that way the first and second times I interviewed and was completely crushed the second time I ended up on the bad waitlist.

I'm taking the opposite approach this year, setting myself up for disappointment from the start... not sure if it's going to work, though!

This is basically my take: I alternate hourly from the thought that there is no way I'm getting rejected to the thought that there is no way I'm getting accepted...so I guess it all averages out to there being no way I know how I did:confused:

Out of curiousity, is there anybody out there who thinks they are getting in for sure?

You know, you have high grades and all other things and you feel like your interview performance was soooo good that they will never ever even consider rejecting you..Anyone?

Be honest.

I agree with fluctuating hourly. I try to keep reminding myself that I really did enjoy speaking to the interviewers and felt good with myself when I left (10 mins later is another story altogether). I am a graduate applicant though so while I feel confident with my accomplishments at that level, I still don't know how my undergrad comes into play (3.55) and how exactly this is all weighted. The calculations become exhausting...I empathize with you guys and wish you well.

I don't know about you guys but the playoffs start tonight and will extend way past the May 15th deadline. For me, that is the perfect way to pass the time!

I suggest watching the rangers since they will win the cup, plus you can check out Jaromir Jagr's new beard, it's interesting lol.

I don't know about you guys but the playoffs start tonight and will extend way past the May 15th deadline. For me, that is the perfect way to pass the time!

I suggest watching the rangers since they will win the cup, plus you can check out Jaromir Jagr's new beard, it's interesting lol.

I don't know who forgot to send you the memo, but it's going to be Habs winning in the east, at least. The west is so crazy good this year that I can only hope Detroit, Dallas or Anaheim limp their way to the cup finals with several injuries so that Montreal has a better chance of walking away with the cup.

• 2 weeks later...

well to pass the time, and for those with multiple interviews, why not talk about the relative strengths and weaknesses of ottawa vs other schools? the "ottawa vs school x vs school y" threads all seem to pop up after may 15th, and probably rub a lot of people the wrong way, so why not start them now when everyone has no idea if or where they've gotten in (and are therefore not biased or irritated by these questions)?

Archived