Premed 101 Forums

To pass the waiting time

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What are your plan B/Cs, if you don't get into med.

Just gathering some ideas.

How do you deal with the phrase " I don't want to settle for that career cause I know I can do better".

If it's really "settling" for a career when you can do "better", you aren't meant to be doing it. For most students, there are still always options...even if they're less attractive (e.g. taking out a massive loan and going abroad for med school).

If you feel that strongly that medicine is for you, I have to believe that you'll be able to achieve your goals. Please, nobody shatter my fragile optimism!

4am

yup. definitely will not be sleeping.

we should form a mass online group chat for all the well deserved med-hopefuls.

i know this is very cheesy to say, but i never thought i'd even get a med school interview, and i'm just proud and honoured to be considered in the same applicant pool as you guys, with your ridiculously high GPAs. ( Sounds like an Academy Award speech ). Wondering if i should delete it and save my reputation ...

4am

yup. definitely will not be sleeping.

we should form a mass online group chat for all the well deserved med-hopefuls.

i know this is very cheesy to say, but i never thought i'd even get a med school interview, and i'm just proud and honoured to be considered in the same applicant pool as you guys, with your ridiculously high GPAs. ( Sounds like an Academy Award speech ). Wondering if i should delete it and save my reputation ...

is this true? the 4:00am thing or just BS or a rumor?

i know this is very cheesy to say, but i never thought i'd even get a med school interview, and i'm just proud and honoured to be considered in the same applicant pool as you guys, with your ridiculously high GPAs.

I felt the exact same way last yr... actually I still I feel like that about being in my class. I think it's a good attitude to have, it makes you appreciate everything that much more :)

ugh... at 8:30-9am i'll be on the subway to work... so that means I'm either going to be really early or really late for work that day hahaha

I'm in the same boat. I've decided to take work off that day. Once the news arrives, I'll either be bouncing off the walls with excitement, or incredibly depressed. Neither is conducive to getting any work done!

I'm in the same boat. I've decided to take work off that day. Once the news arrives, I'll either be bouncing off the walls with excitement, or incredibly depressed. Neither is conducive to getting any work done!

Haha - I'll prolly be the same way... which means... I will likely end up leaving work early!

I have been lurking here for about a month, and I can't describe how excited I am for you guys! I can't even apply yet (I'm in grade 10 :P) but honestly, I wait anxiously to hear if you guys got in! eek! :D Ottawa is probably my first choice med school, so you guys who get in have to report to me what its like XD

Archived