Premed 101 Forums

2008 Canadian MCAT Registration Thread

Vanguard

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He guys,

Just curious..how do you know when to register for the MCAT?

Is there a specific way to find out when the registration dates are open for August?

Thanks

they opened today...... had been something on the AAMC's website for a few week about it opening april 3rd and then more recently today.

• 2 weeks later...
Anyone know if anything is still open?? I am thinking June 13th, as close to Waterloo as possible. The site is 'down for maintenance', so I can't check. It sounds like I'm super late on the MCAT reg. I'll be in Africa July-August so I am having a mild panic attack hoping that there is still room in June =O ... Anyone?

Hey...forget June,July, August or even September until May 1st. The last I heard of someone registering was for a September date since they could not get space as they were too late. Your only chance of getting a space in June is to sign up asap on May 1st when reg opens again.

• 2 weeks later...

I was able to get a spot in Toronto for August 22nd last Friday. I checked compulsively for a couple weeks, and they happened to open new locations without being advertised. So my suggestion is to just try every single location for each date that you want. There is also the chance that people will reschedule or cancel!

I was able to get a spot in Toronto for August 22nd last Friday. I checked compulsively for a couple weeks, and they happened to open new locations without being advertised. So my suggestion is to just try every single location for each date that you want. There is also the chance that people will reschedule or cancel!

That's probably what happened, somebody canceled or rescheduled, but my date hasnt been one bit. They were supposed to open the additional 13% today but didn't, the incompetents struck again..

Archived